Divorced or not?

blk92suprat

J Zizzle
Jul 6, 2008
USA
I personally hated the sound of the ddp. I liked it for first couple months and got tired of the noise. I swapped it for the standard bic dp.

Other then no more noise, I noticed the ddp had slightly better throttle response...thats it. Not worth it in my opinion..if your set on getting a ddp, get it re-routed.

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
blk92suprat;1400241 said:
I personally hated the sound of the ddp. I liked it for first couple months and got tired of the noise. I swapped it for the standard bic dp.

Other then no more noise, I noticed the ddp had slightly better throttle response...thats it. Not worth it in my opinion..if your set on getting a ddp, get it re-routed.

ok thanks for the helpful info.... :fart:

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
blk92suprat;1400241 said:

Sigh... Someone always questions the actual performance gains...

Quoted from the BIC website: "Dyno results have shown gains of 29 whp over a standard 3 inch downpipe setup." The dyno runs to prove this were done back to back on the same car, same day, same settings.

As for the noise, that's personal preference. I've been running one since day one, several years by now, and I've yet to tire of the noise.

Zer0DeGreeZ

Feb 11, 2008
N. KY
Well i guess this isn't a car specific answer, but since you asked, yes I'm divorced, LOL.

NOTE: I just had to, I rarely post the silliness stuff you all know that, I just seen the thread and totally had to do it, lol.

Zer0

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Zer0DeGreeZ;1400513 said:
Well i guess this isn't a car specific answer, but since you asked, yes I'm divorced, LOL.

NOTE: I just had to, I rarely post the silliness stuff you all know that, I just seen the thread and totally had to do it, lol.

Zer0

..........................:( lol

Quick question about the DDP does it up your boost? And if it does would that be a bad thing to do when your completely stock. reason i ask this because i saw this on BICperformance.

3" Downpipe with Divorced Wastegate (DDP)
This specially designed full 3" downpipe utilizes a seperate pipe for the wastegate exhaust that vents to the atmosphere, making for less turbulence and higher flow for more power gains. Dyno results have shown gains of 29 whp over a standard 3 inch downpipe setup. Warning: Running the wastegate straight to the atmosphere makes your car LOUD at full boost.

As with all my downpipes, this eliminates the stock heavy restrictive turbo elbow. It has 3/8" thick flanges and bolts to the CT26 turbo and up to the stock or replacement main cat. This downpipe will increase throttle response and the turbo will spool much quicker than stock and will make 13psi at 2600-2800 rpm, and keeps pulling hard up to redline. Made from mandrel bent aluminized steel and coated with VHT high temp paint. Includes a new gasket and bolts for the catylic converter flange. Uses the stock O2 sensor and heat shield.

blk92suprat

J Zizzle
Jul 6, 2008
USA
GrimJack;1400481 said:
Sigh... Someone always questions the actual performance gains...

Quoted from the BIC website: "Dyno results have shown gains of 29 whp over a standard 3 inch downpipe setup." The dyno runs to prove this were done back to back on the same car, same day, same settings.

As for the noise, that's personal preference. I've been running one since day one, several years by now, and I've yet to tire of the noise.

That may be so, but I can't notice any spectacular power gains between the two so I dont feel that all that extra noise is worth it. If you dont mind the noise then go for it.