dip stick options

Untouchable7mgte

back in the game!
Apr 1, 2005
Wilkes-Barre,PA
hey guys i was just wondering if there is any other way to check my oil. i really hate the stock dip stick and want to brake it. i have a t4 setup so nothing is stock on the exhaust side and it is really hard to get that dip stick in and out when im working over there. So the question is, is there a flexible dip out there i can get? I think they have things like that for muscle car guys but i dont know. Let me know.

Thanks,

tomz.:icon_bigg

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
I used a NA dipstick. Call up Jeg's, they should be able to help you out with finiding a suitable flexible dipstick.....then order it through Summit because they're faster at shipping and a little cheaper. :naughty:

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
the N/A dipstick is the same length as the turbo one? i'll have to check that tomorrow...

-shaeff

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
well, the oil pans are the same depth....the part where the dipstick goes through the block is the same...just take the NA tube and dipstick, attach, and enjoy.

willfish

been here since 2003
Apr 23, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
mine was extremely hard to read , .. take ur dip stick to the toyota dealer an match it up with a new one, , should be easier to read then,,,

Will

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
^ kurt, i just did that. it's much easier to read! :) it has a nice crosshatching to it that the oil sticks to really well.

-shaeff

927mgtepat

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Brighton, MI
I actually used a Lokar S.B. Chevy Flexible Dipstick (Part # ED-5001), It is almost an exact fit. All I had to do was buy some -6 Teflon line and remove the fittings on the end of the dipstick tube and install the new piece cut to the right length. Looks nice and clean.

Last edited:

billspreston01

Jun 2, 2005
North Carolina
hmmm...I don't know if mine is old or new...all I know is that when I add the amount of oil that the book says (every time I change the oil) it doesn't show up on the dipstick and I always end up adding an extra quart. I have 2 dipsticks of the exact same lenght.....maybe they're both aftermarket and the wrong length?