deleting oil squirters

guido

May 18, 2008
france
i see some people deleting oil squirters on 7mgte engine
is it a good solution to have a strong oil pressure on the rest of the engine?
i see a kit to delete squirter on beech performance web site

i plan to build my spare engine(forged rods and piston) for a race application but i don't want to loos too much of reliability

any advice or opinions will be welcome

thank's for sharing

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
I dont see the point to this, the squirters are there for a reason, to cool the piston. Kind of like putting a carburator on the 7M, its going backwards. Spend some money to do it properly and modify the oil pump for more pressure, and you can modify the oil pan to hold more oil.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
^this + get new squirter bolts so they dont open up prematurely. they open on spring pressure and if you use old bolts(the ball and spring are in the bolt) they can open way sooner than there supposed to. theres a sticky(i think) about someone testing them.

if you want to do away with them just find a n/a block.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
It would be okay to do it if you were using forged pistons but still a good idea to have them. With stock cast pistons, you need to keep them.

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
IMO....
Just because you see someone making them (delete plugs), doesn't mean it's a good idea.
Sometimes these people can't keep there own 7M running,
or don't have one at all.......

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Depends how it's built. The Group-A race cars ran NA blocks without squirters.

Just like many questions on engine builds the answer is "depends."

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
But the squiters are on back order so if you need new ones then you are up against a wall. I say forged internals you don't need them, but cast they are a very wise option to keep.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
oldsking;1489792 said:
But the squiters are on back order so if you need new ones then you are up against a wall. I say forged internals you don't need them, but cast they are a very wise option to keep.

:nono: it has NOTHING to do with forged internals or otherwise....

Engines produce xx heat for XX HP, you need to transfer that heat away from the hottest parts and squirters provide a direct path, BUT and this is a big but the stock Oil cooler in a GTE isn't going to have the capacity to cope once you get above a certain output.

EVERYTHING in an engine and engine bay plays a part in heat rejection, you need to look at it as a system, remove the squirters and you're placing that heat load into the cooling system, a70's don't have that much overhead to begin with.

I've ran engines with and without and if I had the option there's no way in hell would I ever delete them.

guido

May 18, 2008
france
thank's for all this information

it was in order to know the mind of people who make real HP

this is for my 7m on my mkII , i have a spare engine that i am starting to build and this option was possible
i prefer stay with the oil squirter but i want to ask pro and cons before..
how to learn without asking?

i already upgrade oil cooling and cooling system on my car ,
thank's for sharing