decoding jdm vin numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

suprajay87

Jan 6, 2010
north east
Does anyone know or have resources to decode jdm engine vin #'s to make sure you're getting a jdm engine? sorry if this is the wrong thread.

suprajay87

Jan 6, 2010
north east
how do you know if the people selling aren't just ripping you off selling you an us driven engine and calling it JDM. There's shady people everywhere, greed runs rampid here

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
suprajay87;1509763 said:
how do you know if the people selling aren't just ripping you off selling you an us driven engine and calling it JDM. There's shady people everywhere, greed runs rampid here

like i said, if its any JZ engine, unless it came out of a USDM MKIV, its a JDM engine

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
suprajay87;1509763 said:

"rampant" perhaps?

Seriously who cares?

Do you pay a premium for a JDM engine?

Same engine built in the same factory in the same country,chances are the local engine will have been looked after better with regular service unlike the JDM engine.

Don't tell me you actually believe the 40K miles BULLSHIT MYTH do you?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Exactly, not to mention the 2J's being more powerful and having more durable turbos on the USDM ones (and the wiring harness will be the right length, ect ect)

suprajay87

Jan 6, 2010
north east
Thanks for the input every one. I am new to this car thing, My 1st love were bikes, then i found the mkiii and just fell in love all over again. bare with me

Status
Not open for further replies.