• Not interested

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jetfixr757

Sleeper
Mar 30, 2005
Cocoa, Florida
Would there be interest in Turbo A door decals?
I would undertake the project just so i can have some and share with the group.
William 89T

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
It's a cool idea for people doing a Turbo A replica. But to me, putting it your car just seems like posing. Like those guys that put type r badges on there honda or GTR on there skyline when it isn't the GTR edition. It's a cool idea and I might get one to put on my tool box. So I say go for it.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
dirgle said:
It's a cool idea for people doing a Turbo A replica. But to me, putting it your car just seems like posing. Like those guys that put type r badges on there honda or GTR on there skyline when it isn't the GTR edition. It's a cool idea and I might get one to put on my tool box. So I say go for it.

:agreed: its a cool idea but if you dont have it whats the point?

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
yep +1 for the posing deal.

personally i dont think you should be putting those decals on your car unless you have AT LEAST one turbo A part on your car...even thats pushing it...i think they should be saved for complete replicas or actual true turbo A vehicles...whos have worn off...

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
I think that those decals look really cool. No doubt about that at all.
But I may feel like someone would bust on me if I had something that my car was not.
That is just me & my opinion.

If you really wanted to have some decals & want that look, maybe you might also consider having some other logo.

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
Well, I need 89+ trim (the plastic type).
If they happen to say [Twin Turbo 2.5] I'll just put them on anyways & say, "F it; good enough."

Just thought I would share that I do draw the line somewhere, unike some of you other people (CK & IJ).

Jetfixr757

Sleeper
Mar 30, 2005
Cocoa, Florida
Well the board has spoken!!! So much for offering to do something without whining. Well i guess all the folks with the JDM badging on the cars are just posing as well. In the US the version of the MA70/71 is just that, the US version. The car is what it is. I could see posing as putting "R" badges or "GTR" or "GT" on the car but "3.0GTturboA" can be modified to read "3.0GTturbo" each one has an idea i guess. BTW they are Supra spec...
William 89T

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
i'd probably buy a few
one for my toolbox,
two for my car,
two as extras

DO IT!

who wouldnt want these??

i do.

Attachments

• TurboA1_copyForSM.jpg
    TurboA1_copyForSM.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 23
  • TurboA3_copyForSM.jpg
    TurboA3_copyForSM.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

PynkEye

Mar 30, 2005
well dont wanna be mean, but thats just all out Ricer boy mentality. If you dont have the Turbo A why say u do ?? and i dont know to many ppl that have it.

I discourage everyone to do so..if they dont have turbo a specs

J

JerzeySlowpra

are you talking about the door decals sorta like old school 300zx's turbo or somehting on the door, lets see some pics

J

JerzeySlowpra

haha i didnt see the clips uptop, there sweet i'd be interested how much

wulfstan

4EVRJAM
Apr 2, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
How about just the 3.0 decals without the Turbo A and then you wouldn't be posing?

But my vote would be no in general cuz If you don't got it then it wouldn't be rare. :rolleyes:

Steve_N

Mar 31, 2005
Louisville KY
www.cardomain.com
Idealsupra said:
yep +1 for the posing deal.

personally i dont think you should be putting those decals on your car unless you have AT LEAST one turbo A part on your car...even thats pushing it...i think they should be saved for complete replicas or actual true turbo A vehicles...whos have worn off...

I see your point but I disagree. I think that there were only 500 Turbo A spec Supras built. Not only would sourcing these 17+ yr old parts be hard but they would be way overpriced. Toyotas Turbo A badging marks a factory upgraded moded Supra to promote the Group A racing Supra. Most of us that are running upgraded stock Turbos, IC's etc are making more power with better quility parts then thos used on the orginal Turbo A's. How is driving a 300+ WHP MK3 Supra that has Turbo A badging posing? I don't get it. By putting the toyota turbo A badging on Your annoucing that its not stock :) If anything its perserving history. Besides Imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Because, there were only 500 Turbo A Supras made. If you carry the Turbo A Badge but ARE NOT one of the 500 you are posing as a Turbo A. Seems simple enough.