DC Sport 8 piston brakes, any good?

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
I agree. For the money the ARZ kit is an amazing value. Aside from that, the guy who made and designed the kit is right here, on this forum for you to talk to.

You aren't going to get that customer service level off of flippin' e-Bay...

(And no, our advertisers do not pay to be here, I don't have any reason to say that other than it being true...)

supramad77

supramad
Feb 5, 2006
Dartmouth, Devon, UK
I aggre that ARZ kit is fantastic but the postage makes it quite expensive for me in the UK.
For me to get his kit to the UK it will cost me around £964.00 and then i get 17.5% vat on top and 2.5% import tax. You do the maths. This kit is chepaer he only wants £60 to post from New Zealand.

At this time i have not made up my mind. I am defently going to get a big brake kit just from where and when i have enough funds to do it.

May 18, 2007
Aarhus
I think the only reason not to buy Arz' kit and go for the Ksport aka D2 kit is that the Ksport kit comes with German TÜV if you buy it from Ksport. I have been told that Austrian TÜV has the type approval papers if you need them and that way you wont have to buy from Ksport and the papers can be used for the D2 kit as well since they are identical.

It doesn't mean anything here in the US, but in most european countries a type approval is needed.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Yea, I'm unfamiliar with the regulations over there. You're likely correct. I tend to forget how invasive and obtrusive laws are outside of this country.

May 18, 2007
Aarhus
supramad77;1015557 said:
I am not familia with these rules and regs. I don't think they apply to the UK.

Most likely not. UK is very liberal on this point.

Actually one of the tricks to get a car legal in Denmark is to register it in the UK for 6 months. Then the car will be legal in Denmark no matter how illegal it actually is.

Almost all japanese Supras imported to Denmark are legalized in the UK first.

The only other way of legalizing unoriginal equipment is if it has a german TÜV - like the Ksport.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Kristian_Wraae;1015450 said:
I think the only reason not to buy Arz' kit and go for the Ksport aka D2 kit is that the Ksport kit comes with German TÜV if you buy it from Ksport. I have been told that Austrian TÜV has the type approval papers if you need them and that way you wont have to buy from Ksport and the papers can be used for the D2 kit as well since they are identical.

It doesn't mean anything here in the US, but in most european countries a type approval is needed.

Ahh TÜV showing up again.

Yes, The california folks bitch and moan. They are lucky that the German TÜV is not the one overseeing them or half the car would be destroyed for non-compliance!

But there is also a reason. Unlike us and prior to the 90 mph speed limit on the autobahn. Those cars HAD to be in tip top shape to be running it. Otherwise you were like a loaded gun with a very soft trigger pull force. Not a generally good idea.

supramad77

supramad
Feb 5, 2006
Dartmouth, Devon, UK
Just been in contact again and he made a mistake with the postage. Its £125 so that makes them £750 shipped. Add £60 for the colour of your choice and they come it a £810. that is very similar to the willoods 6 pots.

May 18, 2007
Aarhus
May 18, 2007
Aarhus
supramad77;1015723 said:
Damm my German is shite, just over 1000 euros. Would have to see the exchange rate as we don't use the euro in the UK

You can also submit best offer "Preis vorschlagen".

1009 euro = £792 and apparently no import duty. Although they later write that sometime the items ship from the factory straight to the customer. So it might depend on where the factory is located.