Damn! Need Help Quick Oil Feed Line..

huntin5L

Mar 31, 2005
Niles, IL
My neighbor is working on my car and the oil feed line isn't lining up with where it needs to go on the block. This setup was from oneandgone and it is aftermarket. There has to be some sort of adaptor or something to make it work. Please Help!

Attachments

• DSC008588.jpg
    DSC008588.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 46

huntin5L

Mar 31, 2005
Niles, IL
I know im holding the oil return line, but im referring to the oil feed line. On the stock oil feed line it is male and the upgraded one i got has a female fitting at the end. There has to be some kind of fitting that where im able to get it to mate to the block. ARGH!! Anyone?

Last edited:

theDon

The Don
Mar 31, 2005
Med-City, USA (Rochester, MN)
Just FYI - the original TD06 turbo kit comes with something different than what you have there (as you know). It comes with a single stainless oil feed line with dual banjo ends and a partial oil return hardline. The feed line goes on the top of turbo and one goes on the block and I believe uses the stock bolt there (which is where you found your issue). Plus it is way bigger than that holy crap! :)

You are right though, you need an adapter at the block to make that work as-is. Now the question is what is the block thread (BSPT?) and what is that stainless hose thread (NPT?) This is where the fun begins hopefully someone can help. Looks real small something like -4AN, 1/8 NPT maybe I dunno...

huntin5L

Mar 31, 2005
Niles, IL
Hey if you are willing ill pay you for the line. Let me know, but of course if someone has the answer let me know :) Thanks bcg!

theDon

The Don
Mar 31, 2005
Oil feed is stainless, flexible. Return is like the stock one but allows for a tiny rubber hose to be added, still a hassle. What you have is best, although tiny for a feed line.

hmmm interesting - http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/m...OD&Product_Code=ATP-FTG-018&Category_Code=FTG

you could use the stock 12mm bolt and attach that line if it is -4AN interesting! But there should be a straight adapter available somewhere.

huntin5L

Mar 31, 2005
Niles, IL
yeah there has to be an adapter somewhere. Now you say the oil feed is flexible which comes with the td06 kit, how would that not be just as good as the one i have?

theDon

The Don
Mar 31, 2005
No wonder I couldn't find it easy, it's not easily found!

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39687

to quote polobai "the thread pitch for the oil feed on the block is 12x1.25-trust me on this one-I had to order mine (12x1.25 to -4) from Mazworx in orlando(straight fitting, no adaptor)."

http://www.mazworx.com/home/index.cfm

So looks like you can either do the banjo adapters, get straight adapters from that place or talk to me about my banjo line.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com

theDon

The Don
Mar 31, 2005
huntin - check the other side of the stainless line, you must have an adapter to the top of the turbo - post up a picture and maybe drjonez can visualize it under his stethescope to determine -3 or -4... :)

huntin5L

Mar 31, 2005
Niles, IL
I wish i can get a picture other than what im showing, the kit is a few towns over waiting to be put on my car :) I can see if i can find one. I may have another one.

theDon

The Don
Mar 31, 2005
What I have is a stainless line with 2 12mm banjo fittings on each end, works in either direction. Try to visualize, I have no camera at the moment.

This is why I asked if you could show us what the other end looks like (since it is hooked up to your turbo using a 12mm banjo). Someone may be able to confirm the part or the size so we can guide you to the right part. No sense in purchasing work arounds if we can get it right the first time.

Where is oneandgone, has he done gone away?