custom stereo surround and gauge pod.

C7carbon

Banned - Unresolved Disputes
Jul 25, 2009
california
Hi guys, wanted to see what you think about this piece we are making.
we are going to reproduce them in carbon and fiberglass.
we relocated the A/C control and made room for 3 60mm pods these are angled towards the driver and at eye level.
the downside is you need to hack the the OE opening a bit in order to accommodate this set up, it houses all the stock pieces.

p1397708_1.jpg

p1397708_2.jpg

eye level.

p1397708_3.jpg

p1397708_4.jpg

for question about other items and more info on what we do here.
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104405

Thanks and let me know, Paulo.
Retro-spec.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
That is fucking awesome! Although it would be nice to get rid of the ashtray and do something clever with that area...although I don't know what...maybe a removable plate that we can mod to hold boost controlers or whatever.

But seriously awesome! How hard is it to move the climate control?

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
89supraa;1397750 said:
I am really liking that set up. But like gaboonviper said the ash tray should go.

im really loving that setup i would like to get rid of the ashtrey though but i think that work fine...how much you think you will sell them for....?

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I imagine it should be a trivial task for them to remove anything you like, giving you a flat plate to modify to your heart's content. It was back when Roy was making these, anyway.

Remember that most people won't need the windshield washer switch location.

Ideally, I'd say remove everything below the original spot for the climate control, leave it in the OEM place, and you'll have a pretty much perfect setup for a car PC.

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
Don't worry about what everyone is saying. Leave the ashtray in, it will suit the majority. truth is, you can mod it to fit boost controllers or fuel controllers or whatever anyways.

As grim said about the windshield washer switch you should consider that too.

Honestly though, the climate control should be at the top, easiest to operate up there (below the gauges still though). you can put the ashtray and cig lighter below in the middle or move the stereo up and put them at the bottom.

C7carbon

Jul 25, 2009
california
the reason we put the gauges there, is for them to be as close as possible to the eye sight. anything below where they are, and it turns into a task to see them.
the ashtray opening kinda needs to be there since mounting screws are in there.
i can make a separate carbon cover to supply with the panel
for guys who want to mount something in there.
we are down to final details and mold making, Thanks for your time guys.
Paulo.
Retro-spec.

Last edited:

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
I have no problems with the gauges being there, I just want the CC to be as high as possible, right under the gauges.

C7carbon

Jul 25, 2009
california
boosted2085;1414800 said:
yeah 52mm pods would be nice

the pods are big enough for 60 mm, but we will open up the holes to the clients request, we are almost done with the mold :biglaugh:

Thanks, Paulo.