Cruise Control troubleshooting

SupraDuty

Feb 18, 2008
Missouri
So my cruise control doesn't work...I went through the type A codes and didn't find anything...when I use the super monitor to read the type B codes I get "C/C 00" which the book says "the wire harness between the cruise control computer and the super monitor opened"...what does that mean?

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
"Open" means that there's a break in the wire. Since you're using the super monitor I assume that means that you have it. Checkt he connections at the cruise control computer. It's above the steering column to the left.

89whitepkg

I hate rust !
Mar 7, 2006
Lexington, KY
I am also having a cruise control problem. I thinK it the speed control computer by the steering cloumn, I just want to check and see if this is how the car would be acting if I'm correct. The cruise light comes on, and thats it....it stoped working one day when I used my turn siginal while it was on. So, before I replace the computer can anyone tell me that this isn't the problem....should I be looking at a diffrent part of the system?

89whitepkg

I hate rust !
Mar 7, 2006
Lexington, KY
GrimJack;966464 said:
Before you do anything, check the switches on the brake & clutch pedals. They tend to need re-adjustment after 20 odd years.

i didn't know there where switches, I guess I'll look it up and find them. Thanks!

SupraDuty

Feb 18, 2008
Missouri
I checked the switches and my clutch switch was the culprit...now cruise control is working just fine.

Thanks for the help...now to move on to the alarm system.

jeffdemara

Banned
Dec 10, 2007
Vancouver
I have the same problem.. My cruise control light will go on and off if i push the button only when the car is first started. Once i go drive around for about 10 minutes the light stops turning off and on, and the horn doesnt work either half the time..

Could it be a loose connection behind the steering wheel somewhere? or something to do with a computer?

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Sounds like the same problem - switches on the clutch / brake pedal out of adjustment. What happens is your CC computer thinks you are applying the brakes or depressing the clutch pedal, and won't allow the CC to engage.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Loosen the locking nut, screw then in or out, and tighten the locking nut works for me.

If you have to turn them more than a couple turns, I'd unplug them to prevent the wiring from getting too twisted.