coulda shoulda woulda

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
so for time off this month i decided to join my vacationing family in orlando.

after being dragged to the unhappiest place on earth i decided to leave the mouse house with the old lady after only a few hours while my parents stayed with the kid.

did tou know they have one of those petty driving experience tracks in the disney compound?

on the road out, wife noticed one of the track's service entrances was left open. it was a tough call, a couple of hot laps in the rental taurus?we figured the worst that could have happed was a tresspassing charge.few hundred bucks for a chance to run a few laps?think it would have been worth it.then we realized the rental might have been impounded, and the dude wthe gate open would have gotten canned. so we drove back to the room.

did i make the right choice, or did i let a golden opportunity slip away?

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Better to beg forgiveness than ask permission.

Unless the mofia's involved, but even still...

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
LOL, just tell them you work for ford and your were secretly testing the new taurus track car. lol
I would have said DO it! but with my luck, there would have been a ton of people on the track were you couldn't see them until you were on it.

willfish

been here since 2003
Apr 23, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
i wouldnt' ve ,,, what if they decided to press charges,,, that shit can haunt you down the road, especially when your trying to get a good job ,, other wise you might be stuck asking

" you want fries with that "

Will

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
willfish said:
i wouldnt' ve ,,, what if they decided to press charges,,, that shit can haunt you down the road, especially when your trying to get a good job ,, other wise you might be stuck asking

" you want fries with that "

Will

Yeah, that's true. I slung fries as a teenager and vowed that I would never do it again. What a shitty job - and they act like it's the end of the world if it takes more than 3 minutes to get someone their food. After you have been in the military, and deployed, your perspective of what's warranted a sense of urgency really changes.

That does sound like fun though, trucker. Who knows - you may have even made the local news [or Darwin awards, depending on how things went].

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
Shoulda. Definitely.

I was with a guy from work in Martinsville, VA last year. He drove over to show me the speedway, and it was the same deal with a gate to the track wide open and nobody in sight. I PUSHED him to do a hot lap in his company Taurus, but couldn't talk him into it. Maybe it was the better choice, but we both wish we had gone a lap or two...