Corrosion on spark plugs in JDM engine???

xXSupramanXx

Drifter
Mar 12, 2008
Dayton
would corrosion on the spark plug threads indicate a BHG?? my guess is yes but i would like to hear from others and find out all possibilities.:1zhelp: thanks in advance everyone:icon_bigg:icon_bigg

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
Corrosion WHERE? On top, on the bottom? My guess is that the engine just sat outside for awhile and water pooled on top of the plug.

xXSupramanXx

Drifter
Mar 12, 2008
Dayton
Tanya;994064 said:
Corrosion WHERE? On top, on the bottom? My guess is that the engine just sat outside for awhile and water pooled on top of the plug.

the corrosion was on the spark plug threads

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
water seeps...

Also, the two different metals cause issues as well. You have no way of knowing how long the engine sat, hence the reason most people on these forums will tell you a JDM engine is a nice ripe engine for a rebuild!

speedfreak426

Mar 31, 2008
Brighton, MI
I took the head off of my JDM 7mgte today.... take a wild guess! Yup... BHG lol. no corosion on the plugs though, looks like it was taken off the road soon after the bhg starting

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
I still don't get the whole JDM 7M thing.....

It's at best a 15 year old motor guys it's NOT a low mile motor.

You just all seem so surprised when you buy one of these things fit and it takes a dump a short time later... :nono:

xXSupramanXx

Drifter
Mar 12, 2008
Dayton
IJ.;1001022 said:

You just all seem so surprised when you buy one of these things fit and it takes a dump a short time later... :nono:

surprised, no....frustrated, yes

ians13

Nov 8, 2005
Jacksonville, fl
IJ.;1001022 said:

oh the 1J is not 15+ years old as well, just asking.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
even if it's not, it HAS been sitting for an extended period of time either in the clip, or bare out in the elements...

That's why most JDM engines lokk like shit with corrosion on all the aluminum parts and rust on the rest...