corolla GTS or MR2 seats

toyolla86

Dec 6, 2010
salt lake city,utah
has anyone used either of these seats to replace our HEAVY electronic seats.

did a couple searches on here and didnt find anything. im just trying to think of a few ways to shave some fat off this huge fat cow of a car. (when youre used to a built ae86)

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Which year? Ive seen some older jdm recaro seats get used. Could always go racing buckets.

toyolla86

Dec 6, 2010
salt lake city,utah
85-87 gts are exactly like my 86.5-91 supras. the fabric is a little different but generally the same only the gts ones are all manual and im guessing much lighter. they have the same adjustments and everything.
im assuming that at the very least i could take the rails off and bolt some corolla seats to the supra rails. maybe even keep the gts rails too.

and the mr2 swaps into the corolla gts, and they are much more accessible so i was just thinking that those may be a viable alternative. although they look more like something out of star trek. :(

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
They might bolt in. Idk for sure but there is a good chance. Shit rsx seats bolt in if i recall right.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Can also grab a passenger seat from a RHD car.

Regardless though, a Supre will NEVER feel the same as an AE86, espcially a MKIII...

roadboy

Supra Owner
Jan 22, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
i rmb i parked beside a ae86, seats look so alike to the supra....but i bought momo racing seats for 250 (pair) and its so light.

toyolla86

Dec 6, 2010
salt lake city,utah
i love the supra/gts seats. how they adjust everywhere. i just need to shave some weight anywhere i can on this thing.
if fiberglass hatches were available on the cheap i'd go for that first.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
You could go with MKII Supra seats, same basic design as the GTS/MKIII seats, but they're manual, and have that cool hand pump for lumbar support...

4b14_3.jpg

toyolla86

Dec 6, 2010
salt lake city,utah
oh perfect. yeah the gts has that little hand pump too. haha. too bad i didnt know this awhile ago when i knew this one junkyard that had a mk2.
ill have to keep my eyes open.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I'm with Razoe on this one, Mk2 seats kick ass. Not positive on this, but I know the driving position in the Mk2 is much lower too, and that could have something to do with the seat rails. Again, not positive on that, but they're great seats. Probably even more bolstering too, since they're manually operated by gears.

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
I put 1G eclipse non-turbo seats in mine, but there was welding involved... lots of it. I love those seats though, for only having slide and recline they are so damn comfortable and supportive. They also look like normal car seats and not like something from the starship enterprise.

toyolla86

Dec 6, 2010
salt lake city,utah
hahaha the mr2 seats are pretty goofy looking but have the same basic structure as our seats, minus the electronics.

i know the gts seats sit pretty low as well, which makes me wonder if the rails will bolt up to the supra and if it will give you more head room... something my supra desperately needs more of