Corner weighting!

cwapface

Supernerd
Mar 30, 2005
Eugene, OR
www.dylanwiggins.com
I got the chance to put my car on the scales today. I had half a tank of gas, stock suspension, and the only weight savings I can think of are no spare tire and no charcoal canister. Everything else is stock for a 1990 turbo. This is without me in it:

DSC_8711.jpg

LF: 1017 RF: 978
LR: 824 RR: 798

That was without me in it, so total weight = 3617 pounds. It seems that moving the battery to the passender side of the rear would help get it a tad bit closer to even. I have the numbers for me in the car too but I left them in a friend's car, will post soon.

cwapface

Supernerd
Mar 30, 2005
Eugene, OR
www.dylanwiggins.com
It was set up at the local autocross test and tune in Eugene, free for everybody. If you have coilovers you can adjust the preload or swap out different springs to change the weight around, but if you are stock like me you would have to go old school and move heavy bits around.

oh and I have 5 speed too.

suprageezer

Aug 27, 2005
Southern California
Great info there. If anyone is interested I made an Excel Spreadsheet that calculates the proper tire pressure for each tire by calculation the weight on each tire. If you take the maximum weight a tire can handle at its maximum weight you can calculate the proper air pressure for each tire. What I discovered with my calculator is it come very close to the manufacture specs. The only difference being when you input data from high performance tires which can usually handle more weight per time due to higher maximum per tire weights. Using your numbers and my Goodyear F1's 245-50/16 which can handle 1,610 @ 35psi. I run 32 psi in the fronts and 26 psi in the rears. I run higher pressures during the rainy season for a smaller foot print which gives me a higher speed before I start to hydroplane on the freeways since I drive my car everyday to and from work. Keep in mind the pressures I run are for daily driving. On a track where loads on each corner are higher you'll need higher pressures.
Rick