Do you like corn?

• Yes

Votes: 42 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
So Theresa hates corn, in all of its forms. I've told her that this is somewhat odd for an American and that most American's like corn.

She does not believe me...

From the natural corn on the cob:

corn_on_the_cob.png

to the over processed canned mexicorn:

3485778809_48d3f63bd7.jpg

She says it's all vile and horrible...

So what say you, corn nay or yay? Please vote above.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Corn is great. Grilled in the husk or peeled, boiled on the cob, with butter, in chili, in pancakes, ground up into tortillas or meal for cornbread... how can she hate such a sweet veggie that's so flexible?

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Corn is ftw...minus hfcs I love it! Cream corn is the best. White corn on the cob is 2nd grilled or boiled. She does realize survival in hard times has a heavy diet of corn involved.

Jun 6, 2006
Amerika
www.dreamertheresa.com
Mike, you're a douche.

And I've been researching corn as a survival crop since it is so versatile. Unfortunately, it requires heavy fertilization and kind of sucks any and all nutrients from the soil.

That said, the corn I've planted for Mike is doing well. I should take a pic of my garden. I haven't yet.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Take the husk off and cover is butter with salt and pepper then wrap in foil and throw it on the bbq for like 20min. Delicious.

Edit: skippy>jif.

Reiketsukan

Jack of All Trades
Apr 13, 2009
United States
Born and raised in Iowa, I can't help but love corn. It's hard to beat that first bbq of the season... Bratwurst, cheese burgers, and the first crop of 'peaches and cream' corn from the local farmer's market. I'd argue that Theresa just hasn't tried the good stuff! Nothing else compares to the corn grown here.

As far as the 'survival' aspect of it goes, corn does suck a lot out of the soil, but it's best to have some kind of 'crop rotation' anyway to to keep your soil nutrient-rich for a good yield. Alternating corn with wheat, soybeans, or alfalfa (e.g. corn, wheat, soybeans, corn, wheat, alfalfa) should keep things in line. Dividing your arable land into 'plots' would let you grow all of these at once, then you'd just rotate which plot grew which crop each year and keep everything in good shape.

Last edited:

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
I love kernals from a jar
I love kernals in my car.
I can't pick corncob's greatest trait,
All I want is corncob on my plate!

Kinda corny, huh? :p

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
ummm steve....go catch your inner nerd and punch him! lol

yes corn is a good thing....even the little tiny Chinese corn.

and you should know teresa...corn and wheat are not so distant cousins... so you probably actually like corn!

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

corn is actually a man made plant in its present form

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

http://www.agron.iastate.edu/courses/agron212/Readings/Corn_history.htm

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
DreamerTheresa;1712931 said:
Mike, you're a douche.

And I've been researching corn as a survival crop since it is so versatile. Unfortunately, it requires heavy fertilization and kind of sucks any and all nutrients from the soil.

That said, the corn I've planted for Mike is doing well. I should take a pic of my garden. I haven't yet.

Yep, but if the fields are moved like they are supposed to be moved each season then its all good. El dust bowl taught us that lol.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
toyotanos;1712938 said:
I love kernals from a jar
I love kernals in my car.
I can't pick corncob's greatest trait,
All I want is corncob on my plate!

Kinda corny, huh? :p

Very nice Dr. Seuss. :)

As for me, I'll just quote Chris Rock on this one: "Corn bread... ain't nothing wrong with that."