Coolant, Intake Side

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
First a little back story. this car has not been running since I have put the motor in it. It doe run, but won't idle right, so I have never driven it much. I had a stripped bolt hole where the thermostat housing bolts to the head, so I have not had any coolant in it. When I crank it, I don't ever let it run long enough to warm to temperature. Well, now that bolt hole is fixed, and I find the leak below the throttle body.

I pulled the throttle body to search for the leak this morning. I think I see a crack in the line going to the pipe at the bottom of the TB. I also found that there is another line not even connected under my ISC. From looking at the Cygnus/TSRM picture, it appears that the pipe at the bottom of the ISC should run to the bottom of the TB.

At any rate, I now feel like I need to double check all coolant lines on the Intake side. Anybody have a picture clearer than the one in the TSRM?

BTW.........Yes, I am that stupid!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I've heard of the ISC leaking a bit, but it has been so long since I worked on a 7m, I can't say for certain. So much seemingly random plumbing on them, could be that, or something else. If you're not *needing* to drive it, why not start a partial teardown until you find the culprit? :)

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
I can't find a good pic, but there is a coolant line coming off the metal coolant hardline that runs around the back of the block, and it should go to the bottom of the throttle body. The other throttle body port should have a hose going to the ISC, then from the ISC a hose should be going down to a nipple that is screwed into the lower intake. Hope this helps a little.

Take a look at these maybe they will help.
http://mk3supra.com/?p=59

Last edited: