Coolant hose

sprigmo1

Sep 27, 2005
Waldorf, Maryland, United States
Trying to figure out what would cause a coolant hose to blow off! The hose coming from the firewall next to the brake booster blew off the pipe coming from the back of the engine. What would make the pressure build to that point? I changed the thermostat just in case and I replaced the factory spring type clamp with a srew type.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
Hah, no worries just replace. Put a little grease for easier fit. Gonna have cut knuckles no matter what.

87tomanymods

87tomanymods
Oct 25, 2008
lansdale
www.myspace.com
i said around (around) 14.7 just trying to give the guy a ball park figure (wow i was off by a whole .2 psi) do you feel like a big man now lol. ps. i have a 1.2 or 17.4 psi bar cap (its called aftermarket/ performance) good thing i didnt throw it away cause it was out of "your spec 10.7 - 14.9

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
87tomanymods;1323346 said:
i said around (around) 14.7 just trying to give the guy a ball park figure (wow i was off by a whole .2 psi) do you feel like a big man now lol. ps. i have a 1.2 or 17.4 psi bar cap (its called aftermarket/ performance) good thing i didnt throw it away cause it was out of "your spec 10.7 - 14.9

Not my spec...it's Toyota's and I provided the link to it. "Ballpark" does not cut it in the Tech section. And, you failed to mention that the one you pulled out of your ass ignored a much lower limit in the range...even mentioned "maybe 17 psi". Go ahead and run your useless "aftermarket/performance" over priced, POS radiator cap just to look cool, and blow all the hoses you want.

Doesn't mean I'm going to let you post such BS here. Do it again, and you get some time off. I'm done dealing with your juvenile attitude.

supradjza80

Mr. Formula SAE
Apr 24, 2007
Appleton, WI
www.uwracing.com
I think we should take a little chill pill here, both of you are just trying to help the guy. I agree that Jdub is "more" right but neither's information is bad or un-helpful...

Aftermarket caps do have a place since they raise the coolants boiling point allowing for higher safe coolant tempurature but I would always assume the OP has OEM stuff.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
87tomanymods;1323738 said:
then delete my profile for good bitch

Nope - Not going to do that, but you get a week off to think about getting pissed just because you were corrected...it's childish. You're a perfect example of the WRONG way to react.
If you're going to make it personal and use insults to make your point, take it to SF.

supradjza80;1323750 said:
I think we should take a little chill pill here, both of you are just trying to help the guy. I agree that Jdub is "more" right but neither's information is bad or un-helpful...

Aftermarket caps do have a place since they raise the coolants boiling point allowing for higher safe coolant tempurature but I would always assume the OP has OEM stuff.

Posting incorrect info in the tech section is getting very, very old..."I heard", "my buddy told me", "ballpark", etc does not cut it and is not helpful when trying to figure out what's wrong. In fact, it can do far more harm than good.

I didn't post the correct info just to show off...87tomanymods posted info he pulled out of his ass, it's not even correct for a high pressure aftermarket cap.

supradjza80

Mr. Formula SAE
Apr 24, 2007
Appleton, WI
www.uwracing.com
jdub;1323826 said:
I didn't post the correct info just to show off...87tomanymods posted info he pulled out of his ass, it's not even correct for a high pressure aftermarket cap.

I know that Jdub. Your expertise are very helpful to all the members of this forum.
-Dave

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
87tomanymods;1323738 said:
then delete my profile for good bitch

Heh. I prefer this:

severe.jpg