coolant flow through heater core

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
before reading... there are cliff notes at bottom :biglaugh:

so, pretty much i'm too lazy to buy new coolant hoses... here's how it goes... there is a coolant line that runs from the rear/top of the cylinder head into a plastic thing? on the left side of the engine bay. there is a line (on the US 7m) that runs from the right side of the engine block and connects to a line comming out of the firewall on the right side of the engine bay...

pretty much what i've done is taking the coolant line running from the top of the motor and run it to the coolant line on the right side of the bay, i took the other line (the one i said came from the right side of the block, but comes from the left side on the jap 7m) and routed it to the plastic thing on the left side of the firewall

cliff notes: will reversing the coolant flow through the heater core have any effects?

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
lagged is correct. i have mine running backwards. no ill-effects. works fine. :) i ran them backwards because i HATE the stock USDM method of feeding the heater core from that nearly impossible-to-reach behind the block/head. so on my JDM motor, i left the cap on there, and hooked up a heater hose to the normally blocked off portion on the USDM motors, and from the back of the head. it works fine. :)

-shaeff