Cool Christmas Present! A sub that fits a Targa!

Scot

Enough is Never Enough
Jan 9, 2008
Houston, TX
Check out what my son bought me for Christmas! Its a Rockford Fosgate low profile sub that fits perfectly under the targa mounts..... I should be getting it hooked up today... And yes, for heavens sake... Why didn't I vacum before I took the shot...

Attachments

• DSC_0032-2.jpg
    DSC_0032-2.jpg
    660.4 KB · Views: 187

Scot

Enough is Never Enough
Jan 9, 2008
Houston, TX
My son has a nice system in his 94 Z71 and my wife has nice system in her 91 T (sunroof). They both felt my pain, having crappy sound in mine.... I also got a nice Alpine amp to go with it.....

Scot

Enough is Never Enough
Jan 9, 2008
Houston, TX
I don't know... And I think this is a gift to me, from someone else, that did not come out of my checking account!

ihiryu

Jul 12, 2008
TX
wow that's nice, if possible could you ask your son to tell us what brand/where he got it from? You must be a pretty nice dad to be getting something like that!

Scot

Enough is Never Enough
Jan 9, 2008
Houston, TX
Ok, Now I need some help... I am planning on mounting the amp under the passenger seat and trying to figure out what is the best route for the 8 gauge power lead through the fire wall? I thought about running it down the engine bay and up through the shifter... Which is how I ran the AEM wideband.... But I thought I read where the WB needs to be isolated from other power sources.... Any audio pro's out there that can give some guidance?

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
So? Noone is in the way of you feeling yourself young :D
I ran the power cable (both amps) through the firewall on the passengers side right behind the AC boxes (kinda high, but you can see the black rubber thingie covering the hole in the engine bay), then across the firewall to the other side and then down to the battery. Nice and not noticeable under the carpet in the car too.

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
plenty of place's to drill a hole in the firewall.i would go in near the brake booster,so less wire is visable in the engine compartment