Convoy to the PNW Meet!

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
I think I will be driving down early Fri too. So, we have 3 so far! maybe the guys that drive next me and Jeremy may want to get ear plugs! lol

Duane

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
becauseican;1365948 said:
7 am sound fine, now hotels..... It sounds like the best place in Kent, some one on SF is trying to set up a group rate hotel.

Yeah I think one guy is going to try and have something set up for us Tomorrow. I say we wait and see if they get something set up and then book.

Who all is going to come down with us them at 7am?

Jeremy

p.s. I would like the be on the road at 7am so if you meet and want to talk for 20min get there at 6:40am. We want to meet at BIC still or the Chevron on 64th and Hwy 15? its right on the way to the boarder and will be faster.

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
mattsplat72;1365706 said:
I most likely will not be driving the Supra. I developed a slight oil issue. Seems to be smoking slightly on decel. I am not to concerned. Pretty sure it is the turbo. No biggie I will drive the Solara. But I will still caravan down if you all want to.

C'mon Matt! If it's still makin' power, who cares about a little smoke?! Throw on a cat, and most of your smoke issues will go away. I also use an oil stabilizer, seems to help a little.

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
91T breezen';1366174 said:
C'mon Matt! If it's still makin' power, who cares about a little smoke?! Throw on a cat, and most of your smoke issues will go away. I also use an oil stabilizer, seems to help a little.

I agree, Randy and I a few years ago when we went to the PNW meet in Portland He was smoking like a chimney. He made it there and back fine, I was coughing up black tar for weeks though after following him :icon_razz

I would bring the car Matt you know you will regret not bringing it.

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
silent_sniper;1366282 said:
haha will see if i can still convince the gf to drive me :D tim really screwed i drive a supra and i work for the government

OH are you getting in a 130hours? that's OK I'm sure most of us will be up working on our cars till 2am easy :icon_razz

CFSapper

AKA Slient_sniper
Apr 24, 2006
Chilliwack
hahah no if you go my 24h time ill be getting in at 1330 but my car is no were near rdy to go to this i should be finished my na-t by aug 3rd ish

edit: I think i must be semi rearted i just realized that this is next week not tommorow :S i may be ther with my baby if everything goes well it will still be n/a at that time thought

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2003
Canada
silent_sniper;1366300 said:
hahah no if you go my 24h time ill be getting in at 1330 but my car is no were near rdy to go to this i should be finished my na-t by aug 3rd ish

edit: I think i must be semi rearted i just realized that this is next week not tommorow :S i may be ther with my baby if everything goes well it will still be n/a at that time thought

Who cares if it is an na. A meet is about the people and having fun with their cars.

later
Duane

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I think the problem is that he's 90% of the way through a GE - GTE swap.

Any word yet on that hotel?

I'm seriously considering turning west at Mt. Vernon, driving down through Whidbey Island, taking the ferry to Port Townsend and driving south to Bremerton from there. Longer trip in theory, however it's beautiful country to drive through and there's zero traffic.

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
GrimJack;1366586 said:

I'm seriously considering turning west at Mt. Vernon, driving down through Whidbey Island, taking the ferry to Port Townsend and driving south to Bremerton from there. Longer trip in theory, however it's beautiful country to drive through and there's zero traffic.

For the time of day you're leaving, this is the only way to go. Just make sure you check the schedule on that ferry, I'm not sure if it runs real late :dunno:

I was considering taking the edmonds ferry, but I don't think my car could get on the ferry, the ramps are f'n steep.

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
GrimJack;1366586 said:

If you choose to do this let me know. I have a school I have attend that week but they should let me out early on Fri. I'm also trying to talk a guy that just picked up a 91 with a 1J into going. Also news on the hotel would be good as I plan to stay down there.

P.S. The keystone/Port Townsend ferry runs pretty late that day.

AM
7:15
8:45
PM
12:00
1:30
3:00
4:30
6:00
7:30
9:15
11:00
AM [7/25/2009]
12:30

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
GrimJack;1366586 said:

That sounds like a nice drive! The thought of trying to get my car on and off a ferry sends chills down my spine though. What time are you heading down Dave?

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
mattsplat72;1366913 said:
Wait , I am almost postiving the ferry from keystone is reservation only. I don't remember clearly but something is screwy with the schedule so CALL first

Keystone used to be by reservation only, but they have resumed standby service, though reservations are still advised. If we do make reservations, we have to show up 30min early.

The one time I went without a reservation, I got right on the ferry without any trouble. Though like they say, better safe than sorry

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I probably cannot leave until after work. I'm off early on Fridays, but that still doesn't get me on the road until ~3pm, and I have to leave from close to Duane's place - I work right next to Brentwood Mall.

I do, however, have a nexus membership, so border wait will be minimal. :)

88guy

use to go 280KMH :(
Jun 13, 2009
Victoria BC Canada
SHIT!!!!!!!!!!! I DIDNT SEE THIS AHHHHH GOD DAMNIT lol. I would love to bomb over from the island and meet up with some of you guys and put faces to the names! But alas my radiator is almost doneskiys and would almost 100% overheat along the way :( If my new rad arrives and is installed ill come over and roadie down with you guys :D