complaing about the videos

doom26464

Research...research
Mar 31, 2005
Saskatoon SK, Canada
www.cardomain.com
this site that host videos is shit it doesn't work. It just gives me errors and other problems plus i direct ppl on the 306motor club forum here to watch my supra videos as well and they don't even work so this sucks plz admin fix this or find a better place to host videos.

encomiast

boosted kraut
Mar 31, 2005
germany
relax a little... even if the downloads didn't work (they do work BTW), there's no reason to be offensive. it's a FREE service you are allowed to use as a member of this board.
downloads are restricted to links coming from this site though, this is because website traffic costs money. video files are usually rather large in size, so there would be ridiculous amounts of traffic if the files could be downloaded by everyone from everywhere.

if you want to share videos with people from other boards, get your own webspace or send them your files using an instant messenger or email or whatever.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Works fine here if I turn my software firewall off to DL Brett.

Milenko is providing this service free so it might be an idea to reword your complaint in case it causes offence.
<edit> Snap Econ ;)!

Milenko

Mar 31, 2005
Mifflinville, PA
Well, you have two options. Either calm down a little and explain your problem so that we might help you fix it.

Orrrrr stfu and get your own server and host videos for the website, you know, since this one sucks and all.

spipedong

Level 2 Rythym Rogue
Apr 2, 2005
Eugene, OR
doom26464 said:
ok sorry then i guess i shouldn't complain it is a free service, sorry for the trouble
Damn straight.

Do you have any idea how expensive bandwidth becomes, especially if your server is located somewhere that can supply 150KB/s+ upstream? I'm lucky enough to have my server hosted on my company's T1 line which is "only" 150KB/s upstream; but would you care to guess what our phone/data bill is monthly?

It's best to not insult a free thing, especially if you have no idea how it works behind the scenes. A little patience, understanding, and politeness go a long way.