Common feeling of a broken heart? for supra owners?

laotionracer101

Jan 8, 2010
Arkansas
I just watched the movie (Love the beast) which is basically a movie about a famous actor who had had this Ford v8 muscle car since his teens. He built it to race got popular in racing and then moved on. He came back years later to drive his car again, so he upgraded it to 600whp with leaf springs. To make the story short he wrecked the car and was totally devastated.

I kinda felt a pain in my chest, as i kind of share this feeling. I recently rebuilt my mk3 less than two months ago and it recently came down with rod knock. Right now i don't have funds to start taking it apart again. So The love of my life is just sitting patiently in front of my house and every time i look at it my heart sinks a little deeper. Have any of you fellow supra owners felt this emotion? :cry:

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I think I can really identify with this also as I am the original owner of my car and I have been through many an up and down with it. Recently with my current 2jz swap I would say I was pushed as close as I have ever been to dropping it all together. Now I'm glad I didn't though. And if I had I think it would always bother me that I had been through so much, worked so hard only to leave it. Been the original owner of my car now for going on 22 years.

The motor way back in 1994ish.
View attachment Turboon2..bmp

The motor during the current swap.
DSCN0004B..jpg

The Supradupra in my garage at my old house.
4515.jpg

Early shot of the car when I had just begun to think about painting.
sanding.jpg

Further along in the painting process.
fullside.jpg

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
While it's "just a car" it was still 13 years of hard work effort and $$$ so there was an emotional connection after losing it that way, also there were a LOT of good times associated with it, "Love the Beast" is the closest I've seen to explaining our brand of insanity :)

I was overjoyed to be able to walk away from it all without a scratch considering my last "whoops", took a big hit $$$ wise but that's part of the game.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Been there man. Just recently got in touch with the current owner of my first car. Told him if he ever even *thinks* of selling it, that he better call me first. :)