Colored Vacuum hoses, who has them?

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Hey guys, I am in the middle of a turbo rebuild to get my car on the road again.... I have IC piping on the way, turbo gaskets, and a few other goodies my car needed.... I am almost done but I still need two things, an accordian hose from Toyota and the second.... Well I wanted colored (red) vacuum hoses, not to make my engine bay look cool but to be able to spot the the vacuum lines faster and replace all my old messed up vacuum lines.... So who has them and why? where did you get them? They arent all that expensive but I am on a tight budget now that this is near the end of the repair..... If anyone can point at a good reliable source to get them that will also be of good quality I would much appriciate it.... It be great also if anyone could give me the size of the vacuum hoses...... Thanks a million in advanced for the reads....

-Salvy

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
SupraRon;1598197 said:
I believe Hose Techniques has them in different colours. I paid $75 for all the vacuum hoses.

Checking out the Hose Techniques site now, but $75.... Whoa, I may be $40 short.... I was thinking of spending $30 to $35.... They do seem to be high quality thou, something to defenetly consider..... Thanks alot.... What sizes did you get by the way?

Has anyone else used something more affordable ?

DangoAZ

Driver
Jun 13, 2007
Flagstaff, AZ
Supra Sport has them for about $45 (brand = Vibrant) for an assorted size kit. I used them on my rebuild. No issues 1 year later. I did safety wire all of them on. You should do a search and read the pros and cons of using silicone vacuum hoses before you do it just for the color.

Attached is a picture of my engine bay... You really can't tell too much of a 'spiced up' appearance. I used the vac lines b/c the price was right and I thought they'd look better than black.

Note in the picture not all of them are routed "as final" - I took this pic right after I hooked up the IC pipes and still hadn't started the rebuilt motor yet.

Attachments

• Motor in Car..jpg
    Motor in Car..jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 42

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
OneJArpus;1598213 said:
go to autozone/advance and pickup regular vac lines. Silicone hose = more money

No no, actually.... The Hose Techniques supra package mentioned by the previous person is very affordable for the bang...... I think thats what I will go for....

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

DangoAZ;1598215 said:
Supra Sport has them for about $45 (brand = Vibrant) for an assorted size kit. I used them on my rebuild. No issues 1 year later. I did safety wire all of them on. You should do a search and read the pros and cons of using silicone vacuum hoses before you do it just for the color.

Attached is a picture of my engine bay... You really can't tell too much of a 'spiced up' appearance. I used the vac lines b/c the price was right and I thought they'd look better than black.

Note in the picture not all of them are routed "as final" - I took this pic right after I hooked up the IC pipes and still hadn't started the rebuilt motor yet.

Not doing it for the color at all, doing it so I can replace my old cracked vacuum hoses and so I can spot all my vacuum lines faster..... Pros and Cons? I didnt think of any cons to using better quality vacum hoses...... Sure will research now..... Also thanks for the supra sport package, I will check it out....

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
I used to have blue silicone...

attachment.php

but recently I went to black silicone for the stock look..

attachment.php

I just went on eBay, bought a couple of feet of different sizes and went to town. Total cost is in the $40 range..

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
RazoE;1598222 said:
I used to have blue silicone...

but recently I went to black silicone for the stock look..

I just went on eBay, bought a couple of feet of different sizes and went to town. Total cost is in the $40 range..

Ha, Ebay hu... I checked out Amazon for some tempting prices lol..... Have you ever leaked or had any issues? upon research it seems like people prefer oem hoses but for fluids.....

DangoAZ

Driver
Jun 13, 2007
Flagstaff, AZ
Found the site on vacuum hose sizes & lengths for you...
http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...-questions..&p=1558203&viewfull=1#post1558203

As far as pros/cons to silicone, I think it depends on which silicone hose you get. Most gripes are about how they can blow off of their connections, but apparently there's more to it than that...
http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...-questions..&p=1558788&viewfull=1#post1558788

I haven't had an issue with the Vibrant kit, but there's plenty of fellas on this site tith WAY more experience than me... Search and gather information, then make an educated decision for yourself.

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
DangoAZ;1598272 said:
Found the site on vacuum hose sizes & lengths for you...
http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...-questions..&p=1558203&viewfull=1#post1558203

As far as pros/cons to silicone, I think it depends on which silicone hose you get. Most gripes are about how they can blow off of their connections, but apparently there's more to it than that...
http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...-questions..&p=1558788&viewfull=1#post1558788

I haven't had an issue with the Vibrant kit, but there's plenty of fellas on this site tith WAY more experience than me... Search and gather information, then make an educated decision for yourself.

Ah thank you soo much for the info, its of great help..... I will continue doing my research on the hoses, I want to change the old for an improvement not a step back... But at the same time I didnt want to spend a fortune, there are more options in price and brands than I imagined... In this thread alone I have seen a pricey yet tempting supra kit from hosetechniques.com, I have also seen a cheaper set for $40 at suprasport.com and a member who went ebay..... I have seen the prices go from 20 bucks a set to $80.... But wht matters to me most now is for them to actually work and improve the efficiency of my engine :).....

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
if you get the right size and correct clamps, there's no reason for them to blow off..

make sure you get the thicker hoses, there are many with the same inner diameter, but the thickness of the line might vary..

this is a great place, but unfortunately they don't have the 3.5mm size..

www.siliconeintakes.com

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
As for downsides, the bright colored ones look really bad when the get dirty. I like the idea of using colored ones to see them easier too. Just throwing it out there, look at some engine bay pics cause it looks really ugly when you see a bunch of bright hoses all grimmy.

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
iwannadie;1598289 said:
As for downsides, the bright colored ones look really bad when the get dirty. I like the idea of using colored ones to see them easier too. Just throwing it out there, look at some engine bay pics cause it looks really ugly when you see a bunch of bright hoses all grimmy.

Yeah I guess it will look nasty when they get dirty, my intentions are thou to not have anything in my engine "grimmy".... And I have alot of grimmy parts as of now, I had a leak from one of the seals in the valve cover.... I also had another oil leak from one of the turbo lines and I suspect the cps gasket is also gone..... My Valve covers are red thou... And they do look nasty all grimmy :/...
p1598336_1.jpg

nuggets

Apr 14, 2009
Boston
I second Silicone Intakes. I have red hose from both Hose Techniques and Silicone Intakes. Both are good but I did notice that the Silicone Intakes hoses have thicker walls. I think the price was a little cheaper too.