Cold Start.... Doesn't happen... >.>...

TRDownShift

Sep 19, 2010
Austin, Texas, United States
problem is just what title says, My car has no cold start, if the temp outside is less then 80+ it takes the will of god for the car to start, then once you finely get it to crank... it will die immediately (I mean INSTANTLY) repeat this about 4~5 times and the car may stay running long enough for you to "pump" the gas and to have the RPM's spike every time your foot comes off the peddle, then you hold it above 1500RPM for anywhere from 15 seconds to one and a half minutes and the car will FINELY idle, BUT! idle will be very high... around 1300~1500 and you may feel a slight "miss" from time to time.

The car also runs VERY rich, my buddy doesn't like to ride behind me because he has to put his top up and close all his windows to breath >.>... I also think i have a boost leak that sounds like it's on the INTAKE side of the motor, witch doesn't make sense to me because to my knowledge all the piping that holds boost is on the exhaust side right? (as the intercooler only runs to one side on the 7m right?)

Sorry guys, I know this sounds like "AFM" "TPS" "timing" blah blah blah... but i just finished putting the whole engine back together, I guess what im asking is does anyone have any ideas that might save me the time of ripping everything apart again... I just got the car running after 8 months of sitting and I'm kinda weary that if i pull it apart to start hunting down 5 or 6 issues it's going to sit for another 8 months :cry:

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
no cold start. either the switch in the themostat housing is not working, or theres a break in the wireing, the csi line is bent/kinked, or the the cold start injector itself is broken.

as for the boost probelm, sounds like a leak in the tb/manifold gasket, or a vac line has come undone. remember, under boost you have no vaccum, so most vac lines will pressuize under boost, though most have a inline valve to stop this. odds are its the pain in the ass ones under the intake that leaking. or mabe the IAC is locked open, letting in extra air past the throttle plate.

as for the rich problem, thats probably due to the leak somewhere, as the 02 sensor is trying to correct A/F valves

TRDownShift

Sep 19, 2010
Austin, Texas, United States
Ohhhhhhh..... I just put new gaskets on both upper and lower intake mani, so If in my fear of stripping one of my 24 year old studs/holes I didn't tighten one enough...=boost leak >.>... Damn.

Ok, now prepare to bang the noobie over the head *puts flame suit on* whats a csi line? *takes cover*

And I know why it's running rich, as soon as you said O2... lol Mine is missing one of the three wires so i may as well not have it :p

By the way, thanks for the help :)