Coilovers questions and help.

itscarlitos

Oct 16, 2012
la mirada
Hey everybody, name is Carlos

I have a 1989 MKIII and looking for a good set of coilover worth the money, I'm looking for some that can give me good stance as well as good performance so of you have any suggestions I would really appreciate it.

ryannelson91

Jan 10, 2013
Lynnwood, WA
for a good price i would get some BC coils or some stance coils theyre both pretty good and they are both about $1000. i personally have BC. but ive heard stance are pretty good too. and megan can give you some camber if you want camber and theyre not that expensive. on the high end, id do some tein or something similar

supragobs

Dec 18, 2012
Spokane Washington
I got the Megan Track Series for $850 been on for months now and driven them pretty hard as well been doing very well ide recommend them definitely worth the money if your looking for a little nice quality teins are very highly recommended

dude4253

the speed of slow
Oct 9, 2007
Gainesville, Florida
+1 for Part shop max, they are essentially the best of stance and BC but go lower and with a better spring rate.

rYeRMKf.jpg

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I've owned both the Megan Track coilovers and the Stance SS coilovers. Megan's were more compact and I could run more wheel/tire to the inside of the wheel well, but I like the ride of the Stance better. :)

momoney88

Sep 7, 2009
Florida
+2 Powered by Max. No complaints after several months. Went from stock with tems to these with ST sways front and rear. BIG difference in handling. Can't speak for others which I'm sure have their benes. I read and read and read on the forums and one day just pulled the trigger on Max.
http://www.gtfactory.jp/cms/page.php?27

Mowgli87

Jun 4, 2009
Alabama
I actually bought the Megan Track series from te72 at a great price a few months ago. Thanks again dude!

I just installed them recently along with the Energy bushing kit from DM. The car sits pretty much exactly where I wanted it to. No pictures currently, but there's about 1-2 finger gap all around (guestimate). The rears are about as low as they'll go, but the fronts actually have some room to go lower.

The front feels great cruising around town with a soft damper setting. The rear is a bit stiffer than I prefer though. I'm all for a stiff setup, but when I am losing rear traction mid-turn in a drastically under powered NA Supra, something might need to be adjusted. If I can't dial it out with damper adjustment, I might consider one step down in spring stiffness. Megan sells different rate springs that fit my kit. The website says the damper kits have a 2kg/mm tolerance with spring setup. I'll probably contact them to see if that is true for the Track series and not just the Street series.

The spring rates are:
F = 18 kg/mm (1008 lbs/in)
R = 14 kg/mm (784 lbs/in)

Good luck in your search!

Edit: I haven't had these on a track with smooth, consistent surface yet. I'm sure they would perform much better in that environment compared to rough streets.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Mowgli87;1914793 said:
I actually bought the Megan Track series from te72 at a great price a few months ago. Thanks again dude!

I just installed them recently along with the Energy bushing kit from DM. The car sits pretty much exactly where I wanted it to. No pictures currently, but there's about 1-2 finger gap all around (guestimate). The rears are about as low as they'll go, but the fronts actually have some room to go lower.
Sure thing man, glad you're enjoying them. :)

For what it's worth, the first time I tried to raise the height (to adjust to "Wyoming" roads haha), I actually lowered the front even more. Was tucking on 275's, and still had room to go lower. I wouldn't be surprised if you could damn near set the tires on the fender liners. :p