Code 52.....little weird tho

cruzinbill

SC3TT
Jun 26, 2005
Arkansas
ok i get code 52 when i rev past bout 3k but here is the thing i just rebuilt the eng and put it in tonite... the harness is brand new like came in today and so are the knock sensors... so do u think i have knock, a bad sensor or bad wiring lol

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
code 52 does NOT indicate knock. it indicates that the signal from the knock sensor(s) TO the ECU is disrupted.

-bad wiring
-bad connection at KS(s)
-bad connection at ECU
-lots of electrical interferance (not likely)
-bad KS

to test the knock sensors, put a multimeter to them, and tap them or the block. if they emit voltage (less than 1v if i remember right) then they're working. if they emit no voltage, they're toasted.

-shaeff

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
I threw 52 today twice. Once in the morning then it was fine later... then when i left school tonight i hit ~3-4k in 1st and threw the code again and the car acted like it had a boost leak n cel came on.. pulled in a pkg lot...checked all couplers and nothing looked off...so i restarted the car and it drove fine.. checked codes when i came home tonite and it was only code 52

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
make sure that both knock sensors are tight for one. I had a loose one cause that once. other then that, its probably wiring.

Fozbo

7M Love
Apr 4, 2005
Norman, Oklahoma
You might have already done this, but have you cleared the codes and tryed it again yet? I do that atleast twice before I do anything else.

cruzinbill

SC3TT
Jun 26, 2005
Arkansas
yah for mine i think one of the sensors are bad because I know for a fact the wiring is good its brand new i think i just got a bad sensor is all.. but now im deployed again so ill have to wait till i get home to deal with it... i only hope its the front KS and not the back..... lol yah i was thinking i had a boost leak because mine would do the same it would boost fine till bout 3k in first then the CEL would come on (code52) and it would act like there was a boost leak.

so my question is. Why the KS code make it seem that way.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
it'll drive all crappy because the ECU will detect no input from one or both KS's, retard the timing, and enrichen the fuel mixture. the reason the car is power-less is because of the retarded timing and too much fuel. ;)

-shaeff

cruzinbill

SC3TT
Jun 26, 2005
Arkansas
and is why it acted that way and smelled rich... hah I kept checking the timing because it seemed off. So its becuse of the KS welll guess ill test them and replace as neccesary when i get home thanks much shaeff