Code 11.....GRR

SupraKid

Jan 2, 2009
Santa Teresa, NM
Hi guys,put auto tranny in car, took harness from my old transmission and soldered it to the new tranny every things running fine.Im getting a code 11 could this be due to faulty wiring and a poor signal to the ecu? Car runs and shifts fine, this code is just annoying me. Any help will be much appreciated.

89supracrazy

Oct 31, 2009
wise
Did you try clearing the code and see if it comes back. If it does I would start with the main relay under the hood in the fuse box. Maybe the relay is going bad. I would try clearing the code first and check it again. The relay is the only one in the box with a metal housing around it.

SupraKid

Jan 2, 2009
Santa Teresa, NM
Ok.....so reset the code, Got rid of 11 now i have 25_lean mixture, I have no gas in the damn car so im pretty sure thats the cause of that code.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Not a chance. In fact you probably had 25 all along, since other codes already present are masked by code 11. Good luck getting rid of it. 25 and 26 are the most difficult to resolve on the engine. If you're lucky it'll just be the O2 sensor but more likely it's going to be something else. Also, your 11 is likely to come back...

SupraKid

Jan 2, 2009
Santa Teresa, NM
Yea found that out after i put gas in.....Im not driving the car so i have plenty of time to figure it out. Ill check out the o2 sensor and if thats not it.....Damn wish me some luck

89supracrazy

Oct 31, 2009
wise
I believe I would start by checking the fuel pressure and then if the fuel pressure was good then start checking the injectors. You can check the resistance on the injectors to make sure that you don't have a blown injector. What JJ said about the o2 is also possible to. Don't rule nothing out to you do the proper checks.

Did you check the relay in the fuse box like I stated in the previous post. That relay feeds your fuel pump. I was messing with mine one day tapping on the top of the relay and I got that code. Don't do that because you are just breaking the circuit. If it was me which I did this on mine is to unplug the relay take a meter and find the two prongs that has power on them with the key in the off position. Take a piece of wire and jump them over a drive it around. Make sure you clear all codes before doing this and make sure you unplug the jumper every time you shut the car off or it will run your battery down. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

SupraKid

Jan 2, 2009
Santa Teresa, NM
Checking the o2 sensor is pretty easy so ill start with ,then get to injectors and pressure. Thanks for the tips! Once again ill post what happens tomorrow.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
jetjock;1582261 said:
Not a chance. In fact you probably had 25 all along, since other codes already present are masked by code 11. Good luck getting rid of it. 25 and 26 are the most difficult to resolve on the engine. If you're lucky it'll just be the O2 sensor but more likely it's going to be something else. Also, your 11 is likely to come back...

What I have seen is the little donut gaskets Toyota uses that have deteriorated from old age. They make a light put put noise most people don't even hear over the car. That happened more with the OBD II cars with the pre and post cat, and the cat is seperate piece. I don't know if his sensor would detect it that far down stream. Perhaps right at the elbow to downpipe.

Last edited:

SupraKid

Jan 2, 2009
Santa Teresa, NM
Well......driving my non turbo when SUDDENLY MY BRAKES GO TO THE FLOOR, all fluid comes out and i get home on snail pace. Get it home and take a look mmmmm nice rotted brake lines at the rear of the car with fluid coming out. This why supras are so fun right?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
SupraKid;1582330 said:
Well......driving my non turbo when SUDDENLY MY BRAKES GO TO THE FLOOR, all fluid comes out and i get home on snail pace. Get it home and take a look mmmmm nice rotted brake lines at the rear of the car with fluid coming out. This why supras are so fun right?

New York salts the roads when it snows, don't they....

SupraKid

Jan 2, 2009
Santa Teresa, NM
They sure do.....I fixed the line but my front bleeder screws broke.....so still dont have brakes. As for the turbo supra imma take a look at my vaccumm lines ive heard that this can cause a lean mixture. And i know for a fact that i have some dry rotted hoses on there.