Jul 19, 2009
Sacramento
anyone have these on their car?

1026polished1big.jpg

terrenceLP

Mar 22, 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
FYI - it's a freaking wheel people!

And you Brand Whores, who the hell is paying you to be so loyal to certain wheel brands?

Use what works and what YOU like, in the world of Mad Max you be dead or with out wheels based on No Brand Swapping.

Who cares who made the wheel, rocking a Ford rim is safer and better than a cheap over priced rim. And they can be treated like a race wheel, being they are so cheap you can have 2 sets ready to go.

I plan on getting my FR500, still looking for the real ones, and will paint them in Bronze... way freaking cool!

BTW - if they fit I would be rocking AMG rims!

PureDrifter

VIP Cruisin'...
Aug 11, 2009
CA
www.clublexus.com
terrenceLP;1699956 said:
FYI - it's a freaking wheel people!

And you Brand Whores, who the hell is paying you to be so loyal to certain wheel brands?

Use what works and what YOU like, in the world of Mad Max you be dead or with out wheels based on No Brand Swapping.

Who cares who made the wheel, rocking a Ford rim is safer and better than a cheap over priced rim. And they can be treated like a race wheel, being they are so cheap you can have 2 sets ready to go.

I plan on getting my FR500, still looking for the real ones, and will paint them in Bronze... way freaking cool!

BTW - if they fit I would be rocking AMG rims!

bolded part makes no sense...?

i'm against shitty wheels (rota, xxr, ...) but think cheap decent (proven) wheels like MB Battles and the like are misrep'd.

suprastupid

Apr 4, 2010
tx
^ that statement makes no sense....what makes rota and xxr wheels shitty and MB battles okay..

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
PureDrifter;1699976 said:
bolded part makes no sense...?

i'm against shitty wheels (rota, xxr, ...) but think cheap decent (proven) wheels like MB Battles and the like are misrep'd.

This is a bullshit statement there's nothing wrong with a rota or xxr.
I have owned the same set of rotas for over 5 years with absolutly zero issues.
My buddy David is running xxr 521's with nearly 1000 hp in his rb26 swapped s13.
I don't know what else needs to be proved.
How about if you stop wasting space on this thread

PureDrifter

VIP Cruisin'...
Aug 11, 2009
CA
www.clublexus.com
lol feel free to tell me to leave, maybe one day i'll oblige.

i call them shitty wheels because i've had 3 friends crack/break/destroy them (without impact, to be precise all were ROTA)

MB battles (to the best of my knowledge, i have NOT bought them myself) are rebadged CST wheels, and regardless have held up in friends cars for some time now.

enkeis can be had cheap, but they are of damn good quality (can get RPF1 wide 17s for ~900)

northdakotakid

Feb 17, 2009
North Dakota
PureDrifter;1700014 said:

i call them shitty wheels because i've had 3 friends crack/break/destroy them (without impact, to be precise all were ROTA)

MB battles (to the best of my knowledge, i have NOT bought them myself) are rebadged CST wheels, and regardless have held up in friends cars for some time now.

enkeis can be had cheap, but they are of damn good quality (can get RPF1 wide 17s for ~900)

I call bs on the cracked wheels "without impact". JesseMKIIIs buddy Davis is successfully running XXr's at 1000hp, and yet your friends cant even go to the mall with XXr's because they keep cracking/breaking/getting destroyed? Makes no sense.

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
PureDrifter;1700014 said:

Maybe your "friends" can't drive?
David was a teacher at u-drift in las Vegas
on a mild tune he's in the 700hp range almost a 1000 on race gas and meth.
I wanna know what monster car your"friends" have that are destroying rotas?
I've raced autox on a regular basis for the last three years and drag raced for the last four. Why haven't my circuit 8's come apart yet?
I suggest unless YOU have had some experiance with a product, don't pass out reviews.
And I will be buying xxr 521's for my supra.
And I have xxr's on a sr20 swapped s13 hatch
guess I'm just lucky when it comes to shitty rims

PureDrifter

VIP Cruisin'...
Aug 11, 2009
CA
www.clublexus.com
if you want to buy them, feel free, i'm not stopping you, why are you lot so angry because I don't like rotas? It's not as if i'm the only one with those thoughts.

my friends also drift/autocross, and i'll admit that slicks during a track day were involved in one of the failures. the other 2 cracked within 3 weeks to 2 months of purchase (from new) and were replaced by the vendors they were purchased from. Also remember, that not every one of their wheels are bad, statistically speaking they just have a higher percentage of bad/unfit wheels (or at the least, so it appears).

if they work out for you and those you know, then run 'em, that's your prerogative.
i wont, that's mine.

on an aside, cobra rims are great in the sense that otherwise finding 17x9.5 in a reasonable offset that doesnt look like crap is hard to do for the $300-350 you can get OEM cobra rims (w/o tires) in my area.

enjoi.this

Formerly ChrisC
Aug 18, 2008
Kelowna, BC
northdakotakid;1700017 said:
I call bs on the cracked wheels "without impact". JesseMKIIIs buddy Davis is successfully running XXr's at 1000hp, and yet your friends cant even go to the mall with XXr's because they keep cracking/breaking/getting destroyed? Makes no sense.

+1

No way they would crack without impact or DOT would shut them down faster then they could count to 3..

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
it looks like i need some hub centric rings now. after searching this thread, and the wheel fitment thread my head is going to explode.
from what i can gather, the supra has a hub bore of 60.1, and the cobra wheel is 70.5. does anyone know if this is correct? if so, i have found a place that sells custom hub rings, but they're not cheap. therefore, i want to be 100% sure that i have the right sizes.
thanks......kevin