Clutch problems.

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
Im in the middle of a 2jz swap. First off im using a Spec lightened steel
1jz flywheel, and an ACT Extreme duty 6 puck. R154 by the way.

1. Before I started the swap my clutch worked flawlessly.

2. Only have ~1" of pressure at the very bottom of the clutch range.

3. Only moves the clutch fork ~3/8 of its full range.

4. Bled the system for about 3 reservoir fulls. Still no improvement.

5. The distance from the top of the hub to the tranny input shaft is the same as when i had the 7m in the car.

6. Pedal doesn't come up by it self obviously.

7. Slave cylinder has been hanging/laying on the ground for the past 2.5 months(when 7m was taken apart to the point of removal).

8. No fluid leaking from the clutch master cylinder on the floor or on the firewall.

9. No other visible leaks, although they may not be big enough to produce a noticable leak(just enough to let air in).

10. Brand new slave cylinder rubber boot for the pushrod from Toyota(highly doubt this has any relevance to the problem).

11. Haven't adjusted the pedal freeplay any.

Thanks,
Reid

Last edited:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Is the fork moving the pressure plate spring at all? Check for leaks (rubber boot, all around master cylinder, ect).

Adjust clutch pedal freeplay, gravity bleed, and then pump it up. Pressure bleeding doesn't work properly on the clutch (I know I'm going to get flamed, but the system is so small, any small bubbles quickly work their way to the top, and a gravity bleed gets rid of 99% of the isues).

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
Poodles;1160359 said:
Is the fork moving the pressure plate spring at all? Check for leaks (rubber boot, all around master cylinder, ect).

Adjust clutch pedal freeplay, gravity bleed, and then pump it up. Pressure bleeding doesn't work properly on the clutch (I know I'm going to get flamed, but the system is so small, any small bubbles quickly work their way to the top, and a gravity bleed gets rid of 99% of the isues).

Yes the fork does move the pressure plate but very little.

I will gravity feed it soon. I will also try adjusting the clutch pedal.

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
Clutch works now. Gravity bled the system and adjusted the pedal.

The hub still is about 5/8" from the tranny with the pedal to the floor. I will try adjusting it some more.