Clutch Issue *Pics*

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, TX
Okay the pressure plate is nearly all the way off. I backed the bolts out nearly all the way just to get a better look at whats going on.

After class I'm going to swing by the scene shop I work at and grab something like a putty knife, per Zach's advice, and have at it during my lunch break.

Also, I spoke with South Bend... Great customer service! If I can't pry it apart, I'll need to pull the clutch and flywheel, send to them and they'll repair it for me for free. All that I need to do is pull the trans (ugh) and pay for shipping.

A stand up thing to do IMO.

Thanks again guys!

-Nick-

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
i'd get them to repair it and order up a clutch from another company. i've heard of this happening a bit with south bend clutches but not others.

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, TX
I'd like to do that right off the bat, however funds are very tight right now.

Just have to make it to May to finish college! Woot. But then I'll need to find a steady job lol.

Thanks for the advice man.

-Nick-

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, TX
Just broke the clutch free.

Took a little bit of prying and I got it off. However there is a little bit of clutch material still left on the flywheel. I tried gently scraping some away with the putty knife and not much came off.

Suggestions please!!!

Thanks!

-Nick-

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
maybe some fine sandpaper and try to buff it off? not sure, this hasn't happened to me.

I feel you on the college deal, suffering myself :)

Supra_Villan

needs his car done
Nov 10, 2007
Wellsville MO
XofXtimeX;1436933 said:
Just broke the clutch free.

Took a little bit of prying and I got it off. However there is a little bit of clutch material still left on the flywheel. I tried gently scraping some away with the putty knife and not much came off.

Suggestions please!!!

Thanks!

-Nick-
have it turned down by a machine shop or your local o'reillys for 30$ it'll be like new!

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, TX
Well I took the advice and pulled the transmission out and I mailed it to South Bend for them to "repair/replace" the clutch and machine the flywheel. Free of charge, of course... (Besides shipping which wasn't bad)

Took me about 3 hrs or so to get it pulled but all in all, not as as bad as I was thinking!

Here's some pictures:

Back side of the clutch

p1442210_1.jpg

Flywheel (Note the clutch material on the flywheel surface...)

p1442210_2.jpg

p1442210_3.jpg

p1442210_4.jpg

Clutch disk

p1442210_5.jpg

p1442210_6.jpg

I'll update once I've got it back.

Thanks!

-Nick-