Clutch Install-Screwed up?

heavyearly87t

Mr.Url
Mar 31, 2005
Edmonton Alberta Canada Eh?
So I have installed a new clutch, CM stage 3, and I went to put in the release fork and noticed that there is no resistance in the clutch. I have not bolted in the fork incase I have to remove everything. I lighty bolted in the release cylinder and tried the pedal. Nothing.

Someone else took the old clutch out so I have no reference to work from.

Have I missed anything? Could I have done this wrong, or will it correct when the fork is bolted in? :(

J

JerzeySlowpra

my friend did somethign similar to this on his rx-7

heavyearly87t

Mr.Url
Mar 31, 2005
Damn.......Thats what I thought you would say. I guess I take it apart to see.

Nothing odd about how I installed it. I was sure the clutch plate was correct as it had been labled "flywheel side" with a sticker from the packaging.

I could have fliped it but mistake? :mad:

I'll back it out to check before I drop the tranny. I thought there was a retainer clip for the release fork? As I said I did not remove the clutch, a buddy did, so I have no referance point to work from.

Thanks. Ill get picks if I cant figure it out today.

Last edited:

DrakeMK3

"The Duck"
Mar 30, 2005
Knoxville, TN
The last time I took a tranny off and the clutch off, I don't recall a retaing clip of any kind on the clutch release fork. You just have to sort of angle it in there for install/uninstall.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
theres a spring in the hook that you mount it too that provides the pressure to keep it from falling out, but no clip like you would find on the release hub or TOB. Another, more simple possibility is that you didn't get the release fork onto the hub! ;)

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
i have a CM Stage III in my car. installation was pretty straight forward, but then again, i have a w-58... so the install is probably different. my clutchfork has a retaining clip, it just pops on and off...

-shaeff

heavyearly87t

Mr.Url
Mar 31, 2005
Thanks for all the quick replies. OK here is my Forest Gump moment:

You will need to bleed the clutch system. ............ ;)

Ahem, That must have been on the back of the last page.... :D

I'm going back under my car to hide now...Please don't laugh too hard...I'm sensitive. :eek:

LOL

L

lanky189

LMAO.. good stuff man..its ok.. you know how many simple things i've forgotten and then freaked out about?

i ordered a starte for the celica because it wouldnt crank one morning.. later after i picked up the starter, and spent all day stressing that i might have destroyed my flywheel when reinstalling my trans the day before...
i come to find my starter was held in with one bolt...the other..was still in the bucket..not in the starter so the top bolt had worked loose and let the starter kick away from the flywheel...

just be glad its small potatoes man...