Climate Control Led Mod?

Fergie76

May 12, 2009
Hendersonville NC
I have read a number of posts here and on SF about this issue but still have a couple of questions.

Where are the resistors located for the indicator lights? if I want to run a cc unit with white backlights for the buttons, blue indicators, blue display and red/blue backlight for the temp up and down do I will need to change the resistors on both circuit boards.

1. Does anyone have a picture of which resistors need to be changed to change the led voltage for the indicator Leds.

2. Will the legs on standard Leds be long enough to fit or do they require modification for the indicators

Any input on mcd ratings to dim/bright is appreciated

This is what I would like to end up with:
p1454046_1.jpg

BorHor if you are still offering this service PM me and I will send you mine. Your work looks awesome and although I like to do all my own work I am a little worried about getting the temp display to look as good as the ones you have done.

Fergie76

May 12, 2009
Hendersonville NC
I've read your thread a couple of times and a couple of others and I was under the impression that the cc unit ran at like 2 volts to the Leds but the blue ones I was looking at for the indicator buttons required more like 3 volts and that the resistors needed to be changed to a lower value for the lights to function properly.

p1454111_1.jpg

The pictures and description in your post did not say much about the indicator lights and in your completed picture they were still green so I continued looking and found this.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163505&page=1

I hope you can see where I was confused
Thank you for the great writeup and the quick response

suprajztwenty

Nov 5, 2009
corinth tx
goddamn i cant wait to do the rest of the car up in led...i did the gauges from the writeup with superbrightled.com cost about 25 shipped for the cluster and an extra bulb for my autometer temp gauge. ill wait for the climate, thats a shit ton of led's for all that, i think ill just buy like 5 of those cheapo "10led" flashlights for a couple bucks a piece.

i think i like the green indicators and display...the blue indicators look cool but the display, eh...looks weird like the white background turns me off for some reason

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
I can do the conversion as well if you would like, I have done more of them than I can count :)

Let me know if you'd like me to.

Justin

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Justin;1454177 said:
I can do the conversion as well if you would like, I have done more of them than I can count :)

Let me know if you'd like me to.

Justin

I can't solder worth a darn. How much would you charge Justin? I know my buttons are sticky as well, would opening it up and doing the mod help to correct that problem as well? Like clear out any crap around the contacts?

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
carter;1454251 said:
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76463
if that helps but i'm in the same boat as you... I don't think i can solder all that good... but heres the link if ya need it.

Yeah, I've actually printed that off for use later on, especially for the gauge clusters that I don't have to solder. But I'd like the climate controls done as well, and that's my hangup there. It ain't plug-and-play like the dash is, so I'd need that soldering skill I don't have to do it.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Fergie76;1454111 said:
I've read your thread a couple of times and a couple of others and I was under the impression that the cc unit ran at like 2 volts to the Leds but the blue ones I was looking at for the indicator buttons required more like 3 volts and that the resistors needed to be changed to a lower value for the lights to function properly.

Nope, no changes necessary. The resistor values are close enough that it doesn't matter. Just leave it.

I used different resistors when I did my custom set-up replacing the incandescent lights behind the dash buttons, but that's just cuz I'm a dork. It wasn't really necessary I dont think. :)
[thumb]http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q203/suprarx7nut/Lighting/de7434f0.jpg[/thumb]
The pictures and description in your post did not say much about the indicator lights and in your completed picture they were still green so I continued looking and found this.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163505&page=1

I hope you can see where I was confused
Thank you for the great writeup and the quick response

I can see where you'd be confused. I replaced ALL the lights on there. I left the numeric display, but that was it. I just put in new, crisp green indicators. I kinda want to change them to red along with the display, but I like the green and white for now.

Glad to help! :)