Clear tails

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
With all the other cars getting 5+ different styles of aftermarket lights you would think someone would make some for the mk3.... We have clear front turns and rear markers.......tails would be an obvious progression. As far as Will's lights go, badass but too high dollar for me!......clear smoked with leds would be clean as hell though. Some crystal clear red would be clean too!

Soundwave already has jdm tails on his ride...I know, I put them on when it was my car. Still lookin for some for my current ride..

soundwave2000

Tenshou Getsuga
Sep 30, 2007
Somerville Tn.
ms07s said:
Soundwave already has jdm tails on his ride...I know, I put them on when it was my car. Still lookin for some for my current ride..
Dats Right, Im lookin for the clears for another car Im gonna do and was curiuos if they were sold by anyone. And I did search, but never found a thread about how to get them.

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
AaronsSupraMKIII said:
:3d_frown:

I think your Supra is the Hotness Will, those lights rawk. Beats the hell outta plain ordinary lights. (Especially tails on a 87 rust-bucket with a non matching fender.) :sarcasm:

find me a glossy [i.e. non-rattle can lookin] paint job for under 2 grand and i won't be able to call it a p.o.s. anymore, and neither will you guys.:icon_bigg

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
KicknAsphlt: clearcorners.com

there is also a guy in Europe making the bubble lenses in clear, don't think he did the normal flat ones though...

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
remember that they make the ENTIRE unit, it's not just a retrofit...

one of the reasons I don't see the taillights they have as being a ripoff...

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
Rajunz said:
They're pretty easy to make Sean, just get one of those big plastic tubs with the snap on lids, put your tail light pieces in it, fill it with bleach, snap the lip on and come back in a week. ::dunce::

ROFL!.... Good one Lance:biglaugh: I'm sure it would work btw.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
are you sure? I wouldn't think it would penetrate the plastic well enough to get the red out... at least not without destroying the plastic in the process...

I know it's probably sarcasum, but still...

Personaly I'll probably buy all new tails fromt he dealer and strip the paint off the center section again...

thevork

ShoarmaTeam Member
KicknAsphlt said:
And on a slightly related but still off-topic topic....anyone know if clear front side markers are made by anyone? I've got the clear rear side markers and the clear corners....just need front side markers now if they exist...

I thought everybody used the clear rear sidemarkers in the front?
At least, that's how a lot of people do it over here.

It requires minimal ajustment of the front side trim to fit it in.

thevork

ShoarmaTeam Member
yeah seriously.

Check the picture of my friend mmarkk his supra.
He's also on the board here.
tacnjcs2k7-021.jpg

Here in Holland (maybe whole europe?) it's quite common to do that.
Indeed a little trimming of the moulding and maybe ajusting the light bulb holders/wiring a bit.