Clear front side markers

thevork

ShoarmaTeam Member
You can also modify the front strip a little bit to fit in a clear rear side marker

Check the gray car, it's done a lot in europe since clear bubble markers were not available until recently.
tacnjcs2k7-002.jpg

wolfie308

Lensmeister
Sep 5, 2006
Bucks, England
www.protocast.co.uk
Hi everybody,

Just to let you know the bubble type side repeater lenses are still available in clear and smoked.....

p1084289_1.jpg

p1084289_2.jpg

Price is £25 GBP/pair plus £3 to cover PayPal and Air Mail post. Amber bulbs can be supplied at £2/pair if required.

Regards fitting, here's a guide that was put together by a couple of U.K owners......

http://www.mkiiisupra.net/bbs/showthread.php?p=169759&posted=1#post169759

But you may prefer to use this method I use for the similar construction MR2 side repeaters - I find this easier....

http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/ForumsPro/viewtopic/t=77279.html

I haven't done the USDM flat type as the original units are not readily available in the U.K - you can't get them from Mr.T over here. I'd need 2 units or pairs as I have to cut the lens from one and the backing from another in order to get the profile of the cut edge correct.

If you're intersted, P.M me for payment details

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
FYI... That's about $54US, depending on exchange rate. I'm in for at least 1 set, but would get more, if there's a shortage/limit where these might run out (limited production run, etc).

7M-GTEric

Sep 27, 2007
Knoxville, TN
ILikeCarsYesIDo;1084600 said:
thevork, where did you get that IC cover as well as the glass looking shield for the intake?

Custom?

And is that possibly an under-hood light switch I see next to the pass. headlight? Looks like the switch that's in my brother's BMW E36 trunk...hmm

thevork

ShoarmaTeam Member
7M-GTEric;1084638 said:
And is that possibly an under-hood light switch I see next to the pass. headlight? Looks like the switch that's in my brother's BMW E36 trunk...hmm

Nope. but you're close.
It's a switch from my (now removed) custom alarm system. When armed it would go off once you try to pop the hood. :biglaugh:

The glass looking shield is just some see-trough plastic. custom made and it's (obviously) against the heat soak.

The IC cover is also custom however we used an existing carbon fibre plate from my friends car as an example.
It's made of printboard material. rather soft and lightweight but easy to work with. We painted it black so it would look good.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
I'd been looking for a set, forever. I did not want to send mine off to get "chemically" treated/stripped like some of the others.

Those other European ones come out to about $120US, before shipping. Ordered mine from the Wolf ;-)

Either way, I am glad that the options are out there now.

wade3570

Jan 7, 2007
tallahassee, florida
sorry if i jumping in on the wrong thread, but it seemed fitting, (no pun intended), but....has anyone considered the look of moving the side marker lights to the moulding behind the wheel, ...more of a "euro" look. not sure if it would be cool or not, just a different idea.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
??? Err, guyana, I believe they meant moving the FRONT markers to the trim behind the front wheel well instead of in front of it...

And, yes, it's been done. IIRC, the blue JDM MKIII which shows up so often in lambo door and vented hood discussions has that done.... I think that was the one.

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
CRE;1090790 said:
??? Err, guyana, I believe they meant moving the FRONT markers to the trim behind the front wheel well instead of in front of it...

And, yes, it's been done. IIRC, the blue JDM MKIII which shows up so often in lambo door and vented hood discussions has that done.... I think that was the one.

Sadly, I read it as "removing"....linked it with the other words like behind, rear, wheel, lol. Sorry, I misread it. :thumbsdow

This is what happens when I go on SM after work instead of sleeping :icon_razz

See you guys tomorrow, bed time now :)

KicknAsphlt

Occasional Peruser
Kristian_Wraae;1084688 said:
These will fit without modification and are also diamond cut as the front blinkers.

http://www.venturi-racing.de/shop/t...arglas-blinker-set-seiten-front-komplett.html

Holy Shit, those are exactly what I've been looking for....they match the rear marker lights exactly! Too bad the site's in German, and if I'm right that their price is deutsche marks, then those fuckers are $60 a set...and that's before any kind of shipping charges. Anyone know of a state-side supplier for those??? Maybe even the manufacturer?