Cleaning up a bit

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Since my car makes good power now its time to focus on other things. I have been converting my interior to a single color, cleaning up paint, and cleaning up the engine bay. Kind of embarassing telling people about my 360hp supra and watching their face when they see my nasty engine bay :<.

We'll start with some before pics and backstory:

Interior:
The interior had multiple personality disorder. The guy had dyed the dash black, swapped in grey carpet+seats, and left brown everything else.
soooprainteriorlk3.jpg

soooprainterior2rw3.jpg

I have slowly been getting more grey parts, and am almost complete!
interiortq7.jpg

Engine:
It came with lots of problems, a mbc, and a BOV. All the essentials to know the car was beat on.
sooopraengineec5.jpg

After a couple years work. Functional, yet ugly as sin.
enginemm9.jpg

Exterior:
Hmmm this is the only decent original pic I could find. You get the idea.
soooprafront1ul1.jpg

Mustang wheels, clear blinkers, faded clearcoat, misaligned headlights :<
progresshl1.jpg

progress2jn1.jpg

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Alright so here's the engine bay after a few days work. Relocated the coil packs, swapped to NA valve covers, blocked ISC. Other stuff I don't remeber.

progress3rh6.jpg

89+ tails and new wheels. Still working on re-clearing the hood and roof.
img0316qn8.jpg

Last edited:

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
mobes said:
LOL @ the old interior. Looks like you just need some carpet now.
The engine bay looks good.

I put in a whole new grey dash and carpet a few weeks ago. I got rid of all the black dyed stuff except the glovebox, and have everything else except a radio and some normal pedals. Should be done very soon.

Okay I will post the info for coil pack relocate here http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40844

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Haha yeah, I barely got the thing running for that meet. I was pretty embarassed of the condition of the rest of the car. Soon its looks will match the powa!

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Got a couple pictures snapped today.

Tomorrow I need to take a few more. Need to get some more zoomed in to show the hood compared to how it used to look. Lots of wetsanding and re-clearning revitalized the hood/roof.

First off is comparison to the old faded bumper, and after some polishing/waxing.
rearcomparefo5.jpg

Obligatory Alabama offroading pic, new sig EZ.
offroadzu3.jpg

My car and roomates new turbo hardtop.
dualsuprasch3.jpg

Artsy front shot.
artfront2gk5.jpg

Last edited:

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Got my last interior pieces, this has taken me longer than anything. For the future I'd rather by a blown engine car with a complete interior.

interior1pp9.jpg

interior2qr8.jpg

interior3fq6.jpg

interior4vh5.jpg