Clarification on Throttle cable

90turbo

Mar 9, 2009
Springfield, Missouri
I have looked around for an answer to my question, but have not found an exact answer. Here goes... I have a 90 turbo that was an auto, but I will be putting an R154 in. Will I need to use a cable from a manual car, or will the one currently in there work? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

chris89

May 31, 2005
Columbia, MO
90turbo;1300737 said:
I have looked around for an answer to my question, but have not found an exact answer. Here goes... I have a 90 turbo that was an auto, but I will be putting an R154 in. Will I need to use a cable from a manual car, or will the one currently in there work? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Japanese LHD Cable

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/EPC/291220/catalog.aspx?F=7801&P=2

USA Models (they all use the same part number so i suspect them of all being the same).

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/EPC/291420/catalog.aspx?F=7801&P=1

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
there is only 1 throttle cable on the manual car and its the same as the auto one. the auto has two throttle cables (one from your foot and one from the transmission) and thats what i think he is talking about. you wont need that extra long cable and the manual transmissions do not use it :)

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
tlo86;1302708 said:
there is only 1 throttle cable on the manual car and its the same as the auto one. the auto has two throttle cables (one from your foot and one from the transmission) and thats what i think he is talking about. you wont need that extra long cable and the manual transmissions do not use it :)

You might want to clarify the above statement by saying that you mean manual GTE cars have the same throttle cable.

N/A Manual cars have a longer throttle cable. ;)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
And there I thought I was going to explain how the hydraulic valves operate on potential of difference, forcing an upshift and downshift.