Check out this sweet bondo shell

87supramario

Jul 15, 2011
Niagara falls
I picked up this baby from a driveway 30 minutes away from town. No rust :naughty:

p1896863_1.jpg

p1896863_2.jpg

p1896863_3.jpg

It has some small damage to the front corner. Previous owner hit a rock at the end of his driveway cracking the mustang front bumper where it meets the passenger fender at the top. :nono: First thing I did, I tinted the pre 89 tails to look JDM.

p1896863_4.jpg

I want to drop a fast engine in this sweet looking 1986.5 five spd. Maybe get some new tires for the 16 inch wheels or get a 3inch exhaust with aftermarket hanger. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

miekedmr

mkiii in hibernation
Jul 12, 2005
Upstate NY
gonzy I don't think that "body kit" is going anywhere. There's probably 100lb of bondo on that thing.

Not something I'd do to a car but it does seem pretty clean aside from the crack.

I think some lowering springs or coilovers and lower offset wheels would be a big improvement to the look. Right now the wheel gap is kinda large.

Anyway congrats, hope it treats you well (and vice versa)

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
which side of niagara falls? the pretty side or the other one...?

is your thread title intended to be sarcastic? its always hard to tell in text form...

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
miekedmr;1896959 said:
I think some lowering springs or coilovers and lower offset wheels would be a big improvement to the look. Right now the wheel gap is kinda large.

Watch for kids playing around your car. Make sure you do a walk around before you take off. Just saying.

ticAJ.jpg

87supramario

Jul 15, 2011
Niagara falls
Hahah we don't have laws that apply to this here. I'm planning on filling out the wells with 265/40R18 in rear and something like 255/35 in the front and this should be this winter.

Should I turbo my 7MGE? I have been looking at this tranny to replace the w58 with, it's out of a 5 spd jeep I'm thinking about using this for turbo application they look the same

87supramario

Jul 15, 2011
Niagara falls
thebigbadbanana;1897197 said:
Interesting find you have there... I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Alright I'm done trolling :) This is my supramania build thread. Updates will be coming as the build continues. Right now I'm in the final stages of collecting parts for my 1jz swap. But anyways...

p1897498_1.jpg

p1897498_2.jpg

p1897498_3.jpg

p1897498_4.jpg

So here is me in 2009 inspecting the damages. The previous owner had a shop do all the work and the work was complete crap. The shop has cut the ends of the steel bumper support to fit the mustang bumper. They used unknown signal lights (from a trailer?) and one of the bolts has burnt out and this was one of the 2 reasons why I started this resurrection when I did. Also, the 3 nose support mounts were all twisted out of shape because the shop did not mount the nose properly, so I bent these back into shape. One bad surprise was the fact that pop rivets where used to hold the base of the fenders in place instead of the original bolts! From this point I was hoping they didn't use pop rivets for other things while piercing the chassis, they did but only on panels that were later replaced.

This was also the day after purchasing a JDM front nose conversion from a local guy named Anil for $100. Came with bumpers, JDM bubble side markers, 89+ signal lights, a pair of fog light assembly, steel bumper support bar and one passenger fender with minor dents. Good thing I got the steel support bar because I didn't expect to find mine chopped up.

This was also the day I took a grinder to separate the Mustang/Civic/Accord aftermarket bumper from the fenders to sell to a local for $50.

p1897498_5.jpg

p1897498_6.jpg

p1897498_7.jpg

p1897498_8.jpg

Last edited:

87supramario

Jul 15, 2011
Niagara falls
This next set of pictures was done just after purchasing a 89+ tail set from a local part out. Came from a Black 89 turbo. I got the rear bumper, 3 piece tail lights and spoiler for $160. Before I had ripped off the front end, me and my brother had removed the rear bumper already and we found the original bumper under the aftermarket! Both attached weighed at least 75 pounds when we removed it from the car. I mean... ripped off the car I should say.

Notice the body trim being revealed :)

p1897501_1.jpg

p1897501_2.jpg

p1897501_3.jpg

p1897501_4.jpg

p1897501_5.jpg

p1897501_6.jpg

New wheels, spoiler set adapted. Found only the original pre 89 body trim on the driver's door under the bondo rusting. Lucky I was able to remove the rust by sanding and as you can see I was spreading a coat of primer on the car as I go to temporarily protect the bare metal from the elements till paint.

But I'm going to leave it at that! I'm heading out to bed. Will update the rest of my project soon of every detail that I have up to date. A lot of the members here have witness this project go down in first hand on SF years back. Just thought I would share it with the rest of you members on here just to show what I had to deal with ;)

Last edited:

87supramario

Jul 15, 2011
Niagara falls
Thanks guys. At the point of the second last photo in post 14 (that was taken in 2009-2010), this was when things where looking up. I have not found any rust or dents or body patches on this car. And since I live in Canada, this 1986.5 MA70 of this shape is something you don't see very often. Of course I'm talking about the finished product. :D

Now I wish I had gone for Teal like I had once thought of doing because 202 Toyota Black is defficult to keep clean. And the color transition would have been easier to go Teal since the car was already Blue since birth.

Here are some more old updates.

p1897724_1.jpg

p1897724_2.jpg

p1897724_3.jpg

p1897724_4.jpg

p1897724_5.jpg

p1897724_6.jpg

This was the prep part. I had a guy prep and paint under the table wich was a mistake. The body work was flawless but fish eye and dust had landed all over the front clip when wet and the body guy promissed to re do the front clip, I noticed the paint started to crack in few spots once I started driving it in the summer. Seems like the high build primer needed more time to shrink in the cold. It needed time to shrink in the heat to complete.

Once I had pointing out some other flaws around the car he fucked off and skipped town. In the mean while I had a friend who was having his Civic hatch back painted. Cost him $1500 to have it painted including the cost of paint, body work, storage, prep, spay, everything and he prove it all winter long and summer long for 3 years with no flaws. So I may have the car painted Teal in the future by this shop. The said few cracks are small and has not gone any worse for a year but they bug the shit out of me when I wash the car after ever rainny day.

Last edited: