Carbon Fibre Dash cap.....!

Supra NA-T

Total Annihilation
Nov 7, 2010
Leesville,La
Shit, it's bad enough that the wheels cost more than I paid for my car, Also the engine and trans was more than the car. Thats all I need to do is spend 2x as much for a CF Dash than the car. I could afford it but no than you. 7K No freaking Way. 1K would be max i'd pay for a full CF Dash

c72c

May 5, 2011
Back in the states... NM
Supra NA-T;1712596 said:
True but what color would you paint it to look half way decent with the CF

lol... black...
you know, if you have a little patience, you can actually paint it to look like carbon. it'd be a little tricky on the small parts, but it'll still work.
personally, i'd just do them black. complete carbon with no accent is like a car being all one color with no trim accents, just doesn't look right to me.

you could also go with some hybrid fabric, get some blue/red/green/purple/white goin on.

Hybrid-carbon-fiber-cloth.jpg

purple_carbon_fiber_fiberglass_hybrid.jpg
white_carbon_fiber_fiberglass_hybrid_panel.jpg
blue%20carbon%20fiber%20fiberglass%20hybrid.jpg

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
yeah, I'm not a big fan either, but I'm also not proactive enough to replace the entire dash in order to remove cracks.. I'll figure out something clean and effective though.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
You can have the dash rewrapped in whatever you want. It's not like today's dashes that are one piece of plastic (yuck), you can remove the vinyl and padding and replace it.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
well, that would require removing the dash.. I think I'll fill the cracks with something and then use the closest color vinyl spray and fade it in to match.

A wrapped dash would be uber nice though, no argument there.

boostcraver

Mar 13, 2010
Louisville, KY
IJ.;1713346 said:
I'd ring a couple of dealers, the dash pad may be one of those freak Toyota parts they have in stock but are willing to sell for next to nothing (Tems shocks come to mind)

Sorry to burst your bubble there IJ, but I checked on a new Toyota-fresh dash about a month ago and was looking at nearly $1K US. This was, of course, for a shadow dash pad. Other colors may be less money, especially the tan/brown ones, but I don't think they would be too much different.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
That'd be "list price" if you found a dealer that actually had stock they'd probably take any offer just to be rid of it!

My Parts guy actually gave me a few Mk3 parts for nothing as they were going into the bin otherwise ;)

boostcraver

Mar 13, 2010
Louisville, KY
IJ.;1714007 said:
That'd be "list price" if you found a dealer that actually had stock they'd probably take any offer just to be rid of it!

My Parts guy actually gave me a few Mk3 parts for nothing as they were going into the bin otherwise ;)

You are correct sir, it was list price. But it only dropped $200 with my employee discount, so still pretty pricey. I don't need a new dash for that kind of dough, especially when the one I have isn't cracked, just peeling a little around the side vents and glove box. I'll get it fixed and spend that money on some go fast parts instead!:)