Caravan to PacNW:::Friday Morning

Disced

Pie + NYQuil = FTW
Apr 5, 2005
Edmonds, Wa
I would really like to get a caravan together for an early Friday morning drive; all though I do love the drive, it is nice to have company.

I was thinking since the Dyno starts @ 10, we wouldn't want to be TOOO late. People say 6 hours if you drive the speed limit; so we can figure probably 4 1/2 to 5 hours. Meaning we would need to leave somewhere around 5 A.M.

I don't know where people are coming from; I know a couple from Canada are, so the time is always negotiable to try and fit everyone's leave time in.

Where would be a good spot to meet up? It would be best if we picked somewhere right off the freeway, sort of near everyone?

I am coming from Lynnwood, so as long as we meet somewhere off i-5, I am happy.

So, who wants to caravan?

Caravan List:::

LexingtonBlue

May 30, 2005
Tacoma
I've driven to Portland many times (speed limit and also my own limit. LOL). Speed limit should just take ya about 3-3.5 hours. I did it in 2-2.5 hours once or twice :aigo:
Gotta work on Friday. I'm planning to leave early Sat. morning for the cruise, but might not as she is not ready (paint scratches and other shiet, LOL).

Disced

Pie + NYQuil = FTW
Apr 5, 2005
Edmonds, Wa
Damn, so you aren't gonna make the dyno @ all?

Well, maybe some other guys will post? I know sidewayz and a few others in Tacoma are heading down.. Just not sure when. Care to speak up guys?

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
Shitttt! Would love to be part of a Supra mob, but I'm going down on Thursday am, for a trim and a clip, :biglaugh: if you get my drift?! I'd be down for the return Sunday afternoon following the bbq though. :icon_bigg

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I think the plan for the Canadian guys is to leave Thursday evening so we can be in Portland by late that night, catch some ZZZZzzs in a hotel and be there for the start of the dyno event.

However... if we back up 10am to Seattle as 3.5 hours, that makes 6:30am... back up Seattle to Vancouver as another 3 hours... that's 3:30am. Brutal time to leave the house for me, but I might consider it if the caravan with the other guys from here doesn't work out.

Disced

Pie + NYQuil = FTW
Apr 5, 2005
Edmonds, Wa
Grim.. I am not sure I am completely understanding your post... You mean 3 1/2 hours from vanc. to seattle, then from seattle to Portland?

Either way, apparently you would be the first to join the caravan.

LexingtonBlue

May 30, 2005
Tacoma
I've seen a few undercovers driving that Chevy sedan. I've noticed an increase in laser usage from my Valentine1, if you see him parked perpendicular - he's on laser. LOL. Slow down around Lynnwood, south end of Seattle-Tacoma, and watch out when you go under those overpass bridges in the 70mph limit zones.

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
LexingtonBlue said:
I've seen a few undercovers driving that Chevy sedan. I've noticed an increase in laser usage from my Valentine1, if you see him parked perpendicular - he's on laser. LOL. Slow down around Lynnwood, south end of Seattle-Tacoma, and watch out when you go under those overpass bridges in the 70mph limit zones.

Good info, I know you guys are already gone but for future reference, around Seattle and north they use alot of undercover chevy impalas, some 95-99 chevy tahoes, and even a white 00 z28 and don't forget the different colored crown vics with no markings. Between Seattle and Tacoma Look out for white volvos and the above mentioned. I haven't seen em on the overpasses, in my experience you need to look out for the median u-turn areas. After Tacoma IDK... Hope you guys have fun!!

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
I would go, but currently I don't own a Supra... I've owned 3, the last was an 89t, I let it go 5 years ago... Next Saturday I'm flying out to Iowa to pick up my next supra. It's a '91t!! I can't wait. I commute from Everett to Seattle, so I'm pretty familiar with the traffic :) What part of town are you from, I'd like to hook up with some local people who are as passionate about Supras as I am!! I also like muscle cars!!