Caravan to CHI2K5!!

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
umm.... after driving it today.... I say Indy should be skipped and we all just meet in Crawfordsville..... have X-number of Supras getting back on the interstate in Indy will be bad enough, then to do it all again like 35-45 mins later just seems..... silly. But thats just my $.02, I'll do whatever the majority wants. Maybe Indy isn't as complicated as I think, but to me getting.... we'll say 10 Supras back on, and getting back together will be a PITA, because the more checkpoints you add, the earlier the people in KY/OH have to leave, because people will run late, there may be accidents, and we, or I, may get stuck behind MKIII's. Also, How much time are you allowing at each stop Grant? If this has all been covered in previous posts, just tell me to read. But seriously, I think skipping over Indy should be considered, but this is from a farm boy. :icon_wink

Oh yeah, the MKIII will NOT be there, or atleast it wont be piloted by me. :sadwavey: O-well, $1500 was made, and my bike will be paid off along with other misc bills. Hey Grant, I forgot to ask, know where I can get a 2j/trans/harness cheap? I found a MKII in FL with a 1jtt, and am considering buying it to swap out. Then I've also considered doing header/intake on the 82...

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
Hehehe.... don't worry Matt, you guys won't actually be driving through Indy... you'll be hitting 465, and driving a part of a circle around Indy, and then jumping off on I-74. Brownsburg is getting back in da boonies. :)

It'll basically be the same route you took to go to IRP, just one more exit on 465.

mkiiSupraMan18 said:
umm.... after driving it today.... I say Indy should be skipped and we all just meet in Crawfordsville..... have X-number of Supras getting back on the interstate in Indy will be bad enough, then to do it all again like 35-45 mins later just seems..... silly. But thats just my $.02, I'll do whatever the majority wants. Maybe Indy isn't as complicated as I think, but to me getting.... we'll say 10 Supras back on, and getting back together will be a PITA, because the more checkpoints you add, the earlier the people in KY/OH have to leave, because people will run late, there may be accidents, and we, or I, may get stuck behind MKIII's. Also, How much time are you allowing at each stop Grant? If this has all been covered in previous posts, just tell me to read. But seriously, I think skipping over Indy should be considered, but this is from a farm boy. :icon_wink

Oh yeah, the MKIII will NOT be there, or atleast it wont be piloted by me. :sadwavey: O-well, $1500 was made, and my bike will be paid off along with other misc bills. Hey Grant, I forgot to ask, know where I can get a 2j/trans/harness cheap? I found a MKII in FL with a 1jtt, and am considering buying it to swap out. Then I've also considered doing header/intake on the 82...

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
Either way is fine with me. Skip Indy an meet in Crawfordsville, or both. Whatever you guys want to do. Really, we only need one or two people to stop in Crawfordsville, pick up Wes and Kyle, then hop back on and catch up to the others.

I figured half an hour per stop, mainly in case anyone is running late. If everyone makes it to the meeting points at the beginning of the time slot vs the end of the time slot the stops will be much shorter. Hell, it only take 10 minutes to gas up, get refreshments, whatever...

Matt, there's no such thing as a cheap 2J! lol! We have a 2JZGE that will be for sale soon. It's actually supposed to be sold already, but if the buyer doesn't come up with the cash it will be available. People are turboing them and making 700 reliable rwhp. It could be bought for a decent price. Hell, I'm tempted to snatch it for myself! lol!

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Grant:
Im going.
100% now as long as the supra doesn't do any thing stupid.
Any who, paypal me a bill for $155 (dyno, room, and two people @ dinner).

PLEASE don't skip indy. Would be a good rally point for all of us, and nice break for the people comming from down south.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
dude.... it's like 20 mins to the next stop. :ugh: But whatever, I guess it'll give everyone a chance to see what the 82 looks like, rather than just a blur. Maybe I'll have my secret weapon running by then..... heh.... MDC WILL BE :eek:wned: ...

I'm sure everyone will want a peice once I get her done, me and Floyd are in the process of doing the swap now. Out with the old, just gotta get in with the new.

Oh, and watch out for potholes on 465, me and Floyd hit one in his truck, DESTROYED one of his new 20's. Is there a # to call to get the state to pay for 'em, everyone says there is, but no1 knows the # or who we need to call.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
woot.... 82 may not be going to Chi this year.... might have something better.... coming soon.... MDC doesn't stand a chance, I don't think anyone does.....
why doesn't anyone else post?

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Ha, I'll post pics 2nite, just to make sure that this somehow doesn't get leaked out and sound worse than it really is.... prepare to be amazed...

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
OK, to the people coming up 74 from KY/OH/wherever... Any chances of me meeting up w/ ya'll at Greensburg (exit 74) it's about 30-40 mins S of Indy, and if I gave you my cell, we could just meet on the roll. I'm sure I'll have noooo problem catching mkIII's on the interstate. :icon_roll But if ya'll wouldn't mind, I'd love the company.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
nobody wants to caravan w/ the mkII? :icon_conf guess I'll just take 65 w/ Jon...

*Edit*
Gee.... I didn't know mkII's were all that bad... it could always be around to make ya'll look good.... :icon_conf Anyone.... ? No.... ?

*Double Edit*
What the hell happened to Eriol? I haven't heard from him in a long time... anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
I'm still around! Just irregular. Guess I haven't been getting enough fiber...

I couldn't get out of work tonight, but I'll try to sneak out a little early tomorrow morning and meet up with you guys for the caravan. I'll be joining you in my stylin'.. '96 Intrepid. :/ The Supra's making a lot of funny drivetrain noises these days, and I'm worried about her ability to make the trip.

See you guys tomorrow!

mkiiSupraMan18 said:
nobody wants to caravan w/ the mkII? :icon_conf guess I'll just take 65 w/ Jon...

*Edit*
Gee.... I didn't know mkII's were all that bad... it could always be around to make ya'll look good.... :icon_conf Anyone.... ? No.... ?

*Double Edit*
What the hell happened to Eriol? I haven't heard from him in a long time... anyone have any ideas?

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
MDCmotorsports said:
Jeb you are now the official chase vehichle.

Steve:

SHAME ON YOU DAM IT.

Chase vehicle? Eh?

Hehehe -- how 'bout this: if your Supra is slower than my Intrepid, you have to go home. :)

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Why does everyone call me so late the night before the meet.... geeze.... I mean.... 10 pm...... c'mon guys... Anyway, Can't wait to meet up w/ everyone...

Grant, I got 3 walkie talkies for the group, me, Jon, and you most likely. It's a shame more people didn't confirm for Indy.... :nono: Indiana sucks complete ass, it's no wonder no regions claim it... people DO NOT go to meets, it's re-friggin-diculous! Anyway, I'm already pissed off today, and it's only 4:30am... See ya'll soon!