Car Wont Start??

jdma70

eat my boost
Jul 10, 2005
NC
I was driving on I-85 at 80mph... then all of a sudden, it felt like my car just lost all power.... i mean my engine was still on but as i stepped on the gas, nothing. As i was still rolling(about 35 mph now) I turned off engine and tried starting it again. Still nothing. My car is now in driveway and cannot start. It turns over and everything, I even checked timing belt. I dont know whats going on. Can it be the fuel system maybe? Throw what ever you guys can at me.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Check the basics first

Check for spark (Grab a spare plug pull a lead put the plug in and ground the body of the plug, I use a jumper cable then crank it and watch for a zap)

mrnickleye

Love My Daily Driver !
Jun 8, 2005
Mojave Desert, Ca
Got spark?? Yes. Then must be lack of fuel. Pull cold start injector fuel line (banjo fitting on intake manifold) and place the end into a jar/container. Try cranking the engine. (The fuel pump should run, but won't stay running in the 'on' key position until ECU sees the engine is running).

Is fuel squirting into the jar/container?? No?? Then find section in TRM...on checking fuel delivery, and get busy.

If you got no spark, find the section in the TRM on 'NO SPARK' and get busy.

jdma70

eat my boost
Jul 10, 2005
NC
yes i got enough gas... I havent had a time to mess with it yet since i was busy this pass weekend and i work mad hours weekdays so this weekend guys Ill let u guys know if anything happens.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
fuel filter?

any water in the fuel system? (it happens too damned much)

check your spark plugs, make sure the gap is right.

how is the engine attempting to start?does it crank slow spacifically

jdma70

eat my boost
Jul 10, 2005
NC
Nah it cranks fine like it normally would. it just wont turn on. I do think its got something to do witht he fuel though