car dies while coasting

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
Crankwalk is more BS than saying it has BHG. Could be the afm. mine does that once and a while when its cold, at like 3k rpm and clutch into neutral and it just kinda dies... hasent done it lately, I had a checkengine light on a week or two ago and it was 31 the afm like i said.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
I give up. Seriously. Have you even checked the codes yet? I tried to help, but cannot offer any more assistance until you decide to help yourself. Everyone is speculating, and that's right up there with throwing new parts at a car until it's fixed.

(as in, stupid)

cartert

Dec 18, 2006
louisville
I am sorry for the slowness but I really busy with school and work, so I do not get chances to work on my car. It is my only mode of transportation I can't take it apart, not knowing if I'll have enough time to get it together before work. The weekend is coming hopefully I can get a chance to look at it Saturaday or Sunday.

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
Mine does the same thing, and I KNOW it's because I go real rich when shifting. One of those sort of problems that don't really need to be fixed, so I live with it. I'm planning on doing the fuel system and getting a MAFT, so I'll tune it out then and get rid of the problem hopefully.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
cartert;945109 said:
I am sorry for the slowness but I really busy with school and work, so I do not get chances to work on my car. It is my only mode of transportation I can't take it apart, not knowing if I'll have enough time to get it together before work. The weekend is coming hopefully I can get a chance to look at it Saturaday or Sunday.

You're seriously trying to persuade me that you don't have ONE minute to check codes? Come on, man.

Here's all it takes:

1) pop hood
2) bend paperclip and insert into t1 and t(e)1
3) turn on ignition and count blinks.

Then simply report back to us, and we'll help you. Who said anything about taking stuff apart?

88YotaTurbo

Feb 26, 2006
Wolcott, Ct.
shaeff;945426 said:
You're seriously trying to persuade me that you don't have ONE minute to check codes? Come on, man.

Here's all it takes:

1) pop hood
2) bend paperclip and insert into t1 and t(e)1
3) turn on ignition and count blinks.

Then simply report back to us, and we'll help you. Who said anything about taking stuff apart?

:squirt-mo even a monkey can do it.