Canada VS. USA

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
Lou is on the bench. The real question is why the fuck arnt we moving those US players out from infront of the net. SHit Miller is on fire tonight. I dont think were making a come back. The junior team might pull it off, but i dont thionk its going to happen

Jayhall

May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
Maybe if we could make some passes out of our own end on the tape. They are all over the place! Not to mention the face offs.... Powerplay!! maybe? 1 shot on the last one though

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

FUCK I love that Crosby kid!

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
Good game, Miller was on fire. Canada put the pressure on for sure. If Luongo started I think it would of been a different game, but a I'm a Vancouver fan.

Funny no Americanos comment........This is our game.

Canada for Gold.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Watched the game earlier tonight. Amazing finish. Miller and Langenbreuner (sp?) carried the US.

Canada gave it one hell of a tough finish though. That last ~4 mins was intense.

::salute::

Jayhall

May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
if canada played like they diid in the last 4 minutes all game, well it would have been a differant game. They just didnt want it bad enough. Kesler, its his building, and he worked his ass off for that empty net goal. I knew the American team was way under rated. Now its the Germans next for us. And they played a great game against the Swiss the other night.

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Canada
Luongo is starting so hopefully we have a chance to beat them. I'm not holding my breath though. They're not the Team Canada of the 80's/90's thats for sure.

Tire Shredder

Sep 15, 2005
Oshawa
SupraRon;1519038 said:
Luongo is starting so hopefully we have a chance to beat them. I'm not holding my breath though. They're not the Team Canada of the 80's/90's thats for sure.

The nice thing about our team is when you bench our "ace" goalie, we've still got two other all-star's waiting to take his place. Luongo is a skilled player and a nice guy to boot. I'm sure he'll do well.

Brodeur did some very uncharacteristic mistakes last night. He's probably the best puck handler of any goalie....ever. This includes Roy, Belfour etc. of seasons past And yet, somehow, he screwed this very thing up, badly. Maybe he's getting old? too much drinking last night?
it doesn't make any sense...

anyhow, I hope Luongo can find his olympic legs REAL quick against ze germans, or we're in trouble.

Jayhall;1518568 said:
if canada played like they diid in the last 4 minutes all game, well it would have been a differant game. They just didnt want it bad enough. Kesler, its his building, and he worked his ass off for that empty net goal. I knew the American team was way under rated. Now its the Germans next for us. And they played a great game against the Swiss the other night.

I totally agree Jay. The thing that made it fun to watch was the desperation....they all let loose. The observation that I had was that they ignored their game plan and trying to be restrained and purposeful. They let loose, and let their talent shine through. The way the were playing last night makes me think Wilson told them to keep the puck moving and don't be a hero, make the right plays...conrtary to that, I think there needs to a touch more puck-hogging. Let the guys play with the puck a bit.

in the last 4 minutes, the difference was clear in their body language. They wanted that fucking puck in the net! and the US was definitely overwhelmed by this. It was clear they had a lot of trouble dealing with the Canadians when they wanted it badly; nearly every second of those last 4 minutes was in their zone. Miller's outstanding goal tending kept it out.

I wonder if part of the saves could be attributed to the players shooting for Miller's gloves. Every single player on the canadian team, including the defense-men have the capability of firing a puck in an area the size of a dessert plate...why the hell couldn't the get one in!?!

regardless of how stacked our team is, something is not working right and they've gotta figure it out quickly, or even the Germans will make an example of us!