• Canada

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Australia

Votes: 17 58.6%

• Total voters

amd_hcds

Dec 20, 2005
Chicago,IL
Well I'm thinking about immigrating for good from the middle east it's a troubled area and will have problems for ages. No offense to anyone but I think the united states is a first on my immigration list but I wanted to know if the states immigration didn't happen which one is better Canada or Australia? I know that Canada has an extreme winter and Australia is far far away from the world so which one is better?

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
I've been to both, and they both have their strengths. If walleye fishing, great hunting and snowmobiling are your thing, then Canada is tops. The winters are a big downer. I grew up in Wisconsin and lived in Michigan's UP for 7 years, and winters get to be a serious downer after a while.

Me, I think I'd be going for great beaches, good wine country, plenty of wilderness with good views and lots of beer in Australia. :icon_bigg

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Move to Cananada!!! Lots of SM members, and very little crime ect. It does get cold but Summers are so nice, and you get all of the seasons.

Good luck, and keep us posted!!!!

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
What the heck is Canada, noone talks here about it and noone knows anything about it?? :)
Okok, the winters there maybe bad, but I'm used to winters (we here should be same as middle Canada) and it's cool.... blahblahbla but Kangarooos seem nice too... :)

amd_hcds

Dec 20, 2005
Chicago,IL
I'm not sure I can stand cold winters cause we don't have much of a winter in Iraq plus I have family in Canada and they are dying from the freezing cold I donno i need more thoughts plus anyone work on the Aircraft maintinance field?

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
amd_hcds said:
plus I have family in Canada and they are dying from the freezing cold

Well if they are dieing how do you still have family there??????? lol........:biglaugh:

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
if you dont like cold winter then just move to southern ontario. liek near windsor and London. really a lot warmer ther then some places. barely any crime there but winters are a bummer until you get an AWD subaru as a beater and like to go snowboarding:biglaugh:

i really want to visit australia sometime, but since i can't tell you which is better, then i voted for canada cause im biased :)

Also, we have uber multiculturalism here so youd fit right in!

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
amd_hcds said:
anyone work on the Aircraft maintinance field?

I believe JetJock has, but he lives in California.

Ill vote Australia, even though I wouldnt mind living in either place. They seem to be polar oppisites as far as weather, but somewhat similar. But idk, ive only been to Canada once and never been to Aust.

Either way they both seem to be nice places to live.

ChadMKIII

Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
Well, I'll vote Down Under, just cuz I can't imagine living in Canada. I have a Canadian teacher, he says he HATED living there. Taxes are well above 50%, everything is socialized, and according to him the government is an incompetent mess. Now, I know nothing about Aussie's state of affairs, but I've lived here in California for all my life and there is NO way I could stand having to deal with snow every year!
So, I vote CA, then Aussie.

wingman

sucka got blammed!
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
from what I've read, if you can deal with somewhat strict gun regulations (in comparison to the states) australia is the place to be. The economy seems to be growing, and I hear nothing but good about it from everybody who has spent time there.

plus It'd be just like wyoming, only better....tons of desert with some people here and there.

koulee

Oct 11, 2005
Canada. At least there you are close to the states and can visit. Australia is just so upside down down under there.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
ValgeKotkas said:
What the heck is Canada, noone talks here about it and noone knows anything about it?? :)
Okok, the winters there maybe bad, but I'm used to winters (we here should be same as middle Canada) and it's cool.... blahblahbla but Kangarooos seem nice too... :)
Ummm Roo's AREN'T the friendly docile critters you see on TV, they're ones that have been raised by humans since birth!

Big wild Reds will kick you to death given the chance!

CFSapper

AKA Slient_sniper
Apr 24, 2006
Chilliwack
well i have to say go to Newzealand the best place to live in my opinion
it has just aout every climate you can think of and the locals are really freindly

just my .02