Can anyone tell me the purpose of this connector?

TweeT91109

Jan 7, 2010
Tampa, Florida, United States
I found it finally I don't know exactly what the main purpose is of it. Does anyone have any clue?

p1786907_1.jpg

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I'm doing my harness and I can tell you that's a "noise filter". I have no idea how it affects the radio. It is integrated in the fuel and ignition circuits. I have a very, very hard time beleiving Toyota put a noise filter in the engine bay in parallel with ignition and injection circuits for the radio...

I'd keep it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
It will keep electrical noise/rfi out of your stereo and other electronics in the car, best to keep it on there. Your radio will still work, but will be more prone to background buzzing without it.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
The issues I see in that video are:

1. Temperature gauge not working. If it isn't sending the ECU the proper signals, you could get running issues.

2. Idle is a bit high

3. At 3:40 in the video, you have 3 lights lit near the check engine light. I'm not sure which lights those are, but you may have stored codes that could help us solve your problem

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
The temp gauge is independent of the ECU, but you should get it fixed or buy an aftermarket gauge.

Check codes.

The part you showed is the "noise" filter. I believe it is used for the ignition system. The 1JZ comes with it as well, mine had brittle wires so I used the 7M one which does the samething.

TweeT91109

Jan 7, 2010
Tampa, Florida, United States
Yes the lights are the the CEL and a out light, the reverse lights aren't hooked up. I have codes, I believe the last time I checked it was only the o2, and boost sensor. But I will check these again tomorrow.