california girl in the house

SLO-MK3

Not on the 1jz bandwagon
Nov 4, 2006
Plumas Lake, CA
Haaa just playin', made ya look though. Anyways, I'm pretty new to the forum and haven't introduced myself yet so I thought I should do so. I'm Brian and I'm a dumb white guy.I have just recently got into supras. I've always been a toyota guy and have owned an '85 4x4 pick-up for a long time now. I'm originally from Everett, WA(seattle area) but moved to n. cali a few years ago and I hate it here. I'm hoping to meet some new people on here and hopefully there is some people in my area that I can meet up with, share ideas or whatever.However, I do not wish to participate in any illegal street racing(I'm on probation). After joining the forum, I've noticed there is a large supra community in the area I just moved from, and the majority of the import scene here are hondas:gotrice: :barf: so that sucks. Haven't seen many supras around and the ones I do see have old people driving them or have grass growing up through them:3d_frown: I think I've only seen one mkiv and it wasn't even turbo. so needless to say, I kinda feel like a loner out here. Anyways about the car, I've owned it for about two years now. It's an '89 hardtop that started its life as an n/a but now has a 7mgte. All of the work was done by me and it has been a great learning experiance. First supra and first turbo project and I hope to hang on to it as long as possible. So now that I have a spare 7mge on my hands, I plan on swapping that into the truck cuz the 22re just aint cuttin' it. Thanks for lettin' me ramble, it's cool to be a part of SM.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Welcome to SM. Hopefully you will learn a little sumtin sumtin on here. You may even teach us a thing or three, but either way, I hope you have fun...........lol

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
Chico is a bit far away, But Im in San Ramon, Boris(BorHor) is in San Jose, Moe(sura stanger507mgte)is in Hayward...

Thoes are all bay area places tho.

Up north Eric and Rick are ther.

Get some pics of the car!

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
i was from the bay area, fremont & san jose, but moved to vancouver wa, way back before i knew what a supra was,

any ways, there's alot of us out there, were' just hidding in the crack's of the walls.

totally! show us some pics..

5spd turbo? targa? white blue red? (lol commom colors..)

poppincaps88

Oct 23, 2005
Northern Cali
currently residing in the bay area, san francisco to be exact. can i just say it sucks to own a supra in the city without a garage or parking space of any kind. all the damn people who can't park keep slamming into her...and the paint was so nice when i first got her...oh well.

Welcome, I'm sure you'll have a great time sifting through the loads of information on this forum.

SLO-MK3

Not on the 1jz bandwagon
Nov 4, 2006
Plumas Lake, CA
poppincaps88 said:
currently residing in the bay area, san francisco to be exact. can i just say it sucks to own a supra in the city without a garage or parking space of any kind. all the damn people who can't park keep slamming into her...and the paint was so nice when i first got her...oh well.

Welcome, I'm sure you'll have a great time sifting through the loads of information on this forum.

haha I know what you nean. Frisco is hilly as shit(if thats even a word) I thought seattle had some steep hills but shit. anyways, I go to san fran alot. You def have to change driving habits to "agressive" if you want to get anywhere. I'll be there on 1/3/07 to go to the Lyons foundation for my eye then I usually split before traffic gets fucked but maybe we can meet up.

working on the pics. should be up shortly

SLO-MK3

Not on the 1jz bandwagon
Nov 4, 2006
Plumas Lake, CA
p451319_1.jpg

p451319_2.jpg

took these from my garage so they're not the best. when the weather is nicer I'll take some better ones, maybe even a burn-out vid

Last edited:

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
welcome to the boards, since you are a woman i predict that this thread will go to 3 pages.... watch out for 1joez

sid

Driver
May 20, 2006
New Jersey
i'm a little disappointed that there was no girl in here but welcome anyway. ;-). that's awesome that you did your own NA-T conversion.

bigunitpitcher22

BoL Spartan051
Jun 13, 2006
vancouver, WA
www.myspace.com
pimptrizkit said:
i was from the bay area, fremont & san jose, but moved to vancouver wa, way back before i knew what a supra was,

any ways, there's alot of us out there, were' just hidding in the crack's of the walls.

totally! show us some pics..

5spd turbo? targa? white blue red? (lol commom colors..)

I reside in the same town as this guy^^^
I also have a uncle living in Chico

SLO-MK3

Not on the 1jz bandwagon
Nov 4, 2006
Plumas Lake, CA
thanx 4 the friendly welcomes everyone. I knew the title would get some attention so, sorry for the disappointments. Just thought I'd fuck with you guys a little bit.

sid, thanx 4 the complement. the swap was so easy it's ridiculous, and the power gain from ge to gte is sick. Anyone thats thinking of doing the swap, stop thinking about it and just do it.

p451767_1.jpg

SLO-MK3

Not on the 1jz bandwagon
Nov 4, 2006
Plumas Lake, CA
BorHor said:
Haha Hope i dont blow up my car. What test did you do to your engine before you boosted it?

I just made sure everything was connected good and set the timing with the jumper wire installed. I drove her easy for a while 'til I got a feel for her and slowly started getting into the boost little by little. I put on aluminum IC pipes w/ a large fmic when I did the swap(didn't even try the stock shit, just passed 'em right up) and it seemed like every time I made any sort of boost, I would pop off a coupler. so every time I fixed it, I would double check all of them just to be sure it wouldn't happen again. Then on one test run, I got on it hard and I was like HEEELLLL YEEEAAHH!!!! Then all of a sudden<BOOOM>I blew off the pipe on the passenger side coming out of the IC, and I do mean off o-f-f off. And then managed to run it over and now I have a mangled-up souvenir