CajunKenny's Build Thread

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
Car is coming along great, Kenny, you KNOW we're gonna meet up someday to introduce the 91 twins!

Mike[/QUOTE]

Hey Mike, you ought to make that '91 triplets. The three of us have basically the same Supra--smart choice!

-Fred

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
whitemike;1636939 said:
You ever have such a bad dream you wake up almost in tears?

Last night I had a dream someone took my car out without my permission (obviously) and i hadn't yet put the hose from wastegate to turbo.. poof. :( bhg, rod knock, smoke bellowing out the exhaust..

Made me grateful that my car is safe in the garage, thought I'd share so that everyone can take today to appreciate their engines!! :)

Car is coming along great, Kenny, you KNOW we're gonna meet up someday to introduce the 91 twins!

Mike

I once had a dream that someone stole my car right out of my garage! I guess I should call it a nightmare! ;)

It would be really sweet to set these two side by side for some pics! :)

SWD Fredester 3;1636985 said:
Hey Mike, you ought to make that '91 triplets. The three of us have basically the same Supra--smart choice!

-Fred

Absolutely!!! We should all meet somewhere in the middle and start our own "Meet"!

whitemike;1637049 said:
Great minds think alike ;)

Well put. :D

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
I think we've ALL had the "woke up and someone had stolen my Supra" nightmare, Kenny!!!

-crisp

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
IBoughtASupra;1637171 said:
Kenny, nobody is going to steal your Poopra, it is too slow. :stickpoke

:)

Yeah, but his is running, looks great and he IS having fun with it! Keeps all of us waiting for our builds to be done entertained and dreaming about the day. Besides power and speed comes with time, R&D and $$$$.

-Fred

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
SWD Fredester 3;1637177 said:
Yeah, but his is running, looks great and he IS having fun with it! Keeps all of us waiting for our builds to be done entertained and dreaming about the day. Besides power and speed comes with time, R&D and $$$$.

-Fred

I am not sure if you took that as an insult but it was not meant to be and Kenny sure knows that.

I have said it before and fully aware of power an money.

Choose two, you don't get the other,
1)Power
2)Cheap
3)Reliable

Just incase, my 2J is running after I bought and fixed a shit load on it and still some more and I have another 1J build going on, so I know enough about power and money, I never cheap out like a lot of MK3 owners, thus the reason a good amount of MKIV owners call us "cheap."

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
IBoughtASupra;1637255 said:
I am not sure if you took that as an insult but it was not meant to be and Kenny sure knows that.

I have said it before and fully aware of power an money.

Choose two, you don't get the other,
1)Power
2)Cheap
3)Reliable

Just incase, my 2J is running after I bought and fixed a shit load on it and still some more and I have another 1J build going on, so I know enough about power and money, I never cheap out like a lot of MK3 owners, thus the reason a good amount of MKIV owners call us "cheap."

Certainly did not take it as an insult. I was smiling when I read it and I was smiling when I responded. Just throwing some more support for the great progress Kenny is making.

Congratulations on your running 2J, 'cheap" is a word that doesn't apply to a good MKIII build. I also have a SC300-5 speed that I want to take NA/T after my build is livable, sometimes I feel like it never ends.

Peace man, I always give support and respect towards any of us that are involved in this "Mania"

-Fred

crisp

May 25, 2007
Ohio
SWD Fredester 3;1637263 said:
Peace man, I always give support and respect towards any of us that are involved in this "Mania"

-Fred

I can vouch for that.;)

-crisp

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Well said Fred, I respect that. Cheap is a word thrown at us by MKIV owners who see all the "Hey can I buy those used spark plugs for me car," kind of MKIII owners."

Shoots, I spend almost a grand in my HKS Cam, new, not used because I saw BC upclose and quality was no comparison there. I know how a build can get on the pricey side, mine has already. RBChroming has my parts to be chromed, almost a grand too. :-/

Hey Kenny, mind polishing my valve covers for me....for free? :stickpoke. :)

djordan97

Apr 14, 2006
Kennewick WA
any car built right cost alot of money especially when you use that car as a learning platfor to build a car. I respect all well built cars weather its a honda or a ferarri or a supra. supra's just happen to be my favorite and the mkIII platfor is my favorite in the supra family. eventually I'll get myself back into one. I personally think that kenny's car is the exception to the rule around where we live that supra's are cheap cars cause I know he has taken the time to build it right and it is even more beautiful in person than in photos.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
IBoughtASupra;1637278 said:
Hey Kenny, mind polishing my valve covers for me....for free? :stickpoke. :)

I think I'll pass. I doubt that I would do that again for myself. But, thanks for the opportunity! ;)

djordan97;1637503 said:
any car built right cost alot of money especially when you use that car as a learning platfor to build a car. I respect all well built cars weather its a honda or a ferarri or a supra. supra's just happen to be my favorite and the mkIII platfor is my favorite in the supra family. eventually I'll get myself back into one. I personally think that kenny's car is the exception to the rule around where we live that supra's are cheap cars cause I know he has taken the time to build it right and it is even more beautiful in person than in photos.

Thanks for the compliments David.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Well, I had three different couriers drop off goodies at my hose today! UPS, FedEx, and USPS.

First up is nothing more than a cosmetic treat. It's a laser etched 'TRD' Polished Stainless Steel License Plate Border. Yummy!

p1637811_1.jpg

Second up is a section of 3" Flex Pipe for my next Down Pipe. I'm pretty sure this is the last of what I need to have this done. It will be fab'd up by JB Metal Works.

p1637811_2.jpg

And last up isn't Supra related; but, it's super sweet! It's a three gauge pod and Glow Shift Gauges for my Power Stroke Diesel. The line up is a 60 psi boost gauge, a 2400* EGT gauge, and a Trans Temp gauge.

p1637811_3.jpg

crisp

May 25, 2007
Ohio
Nice little array there, Kenny! If I need something soldered, diagnosed or otherwise electro-geekified... I sure know who is endowed with that tendency now!:biglaugh:

-crisp

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
whitemike;1637852 said:
Bawlin ;)

Showing off the equipment eh?

I'm not one to show off really. My shop was the safest place to set this stuff up. Some of this just so happened to be out of mamma's radar range. (if you know what I mean ;))

crisp;1637890 said:
Nice little array there, Kenny! If I need something soldered, diagnosed or otherwise electro-geekified... I sure know who is endowed with that tendency now!:biglaugh:

-crisp

Geek alert...Geek alert!!! ;) This is the product of a small business I ran for about 6 years. Nothing fancy really. A lot of my stuff is old. It gets the job done though. :)