CajunKenny's Build Thread

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
This morning when I drove to work, MAT minimum was 55 and max was 75. There was no boosting involved and ambient temp was ~38*.

WOT MAT's are a different deal altogether...

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
CajunKenny;1633276 said:
This morning when I drove to work, MAT minimum was 55 and max was 75. There was no boosting involved and ambient temp was ~38*.

WOT MAT's are a different deal altogether...

The portion highlighted in red occured beacuse Kenny is an old man. He makes IJ look young.:biglaugh:

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I Think IJ And Betty White Would Be A Good Couple. Grumpy Old Man And A Happy Old Lady, Imagine That.

IJ Has To Be Grumpy, Look At His Smiley, It Is Grumpy Too. LOL!

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
CajunKenny;1633336 said:
Is that even possible...? ;)

There aint no more to say... :biglaugh:

Yeah... but AGE means you can say :: IJ. :: MEAN it and NOT loose any points with the faithful in here because of your crusty crotchetiness...:biglaugh:

-crisp

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

IBoughtASupra;1633342 said:
I Think IJ And Betty White Would Be A Good Couple. Grumpy Old Man And A Happy Old Lady, Imagine That.

IJ Has To Be Grumpy, Look At His Smiley, It Is Grumpy Too. LOL!

Just laughed my ASS off!:yelrotflm

-crisp

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Kenny is a ricer. I just went back in the thread to look for an engine shot to get a picture to show someone what is a ABS module is since I am looking for NON ABS brake lines, and was trying to explain how to tell if a car has ABS.

I had to go through a million pages of wheel selection by Kenny. :slap:

Good to see how the car looks now though, change your signature picture because the car looks way better now.:eek3dance

whitemike

Banned
Aug 30, 2009
Winter Park, Florida, United States
Bat_Skate_-_Haters_gonna_Hate.jpg

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
IBoughtASupra;1633397 said:
Kenny is a ricer.

What gave it away...my 'Fast and Furious' movie posters? :biglaugh:

I had to go through a million pages of wheel selection by Kenny. :slap:

I admit it. I have commitment issues. ;)

Good to see how the car looks now though, change your signature picture because the car looks way better now.:eek3dance

Agreed. New sig in the makings. :)

Mike: That picture scares me.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
LOL Mike. I know exactly what you are talking about when it comes to haters. There are a few around where I live.

Kenny, IJ said to remind you that Friday is Bingo night at the old folks home. :biglaugh:

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Mike, I added you on Xbox Live. Imagine If IJ Got Xbox Live, I Believe He Would Be One Of The Biggest Campers And Draft Out A Plan To Camp On Each Map.

"Okay Team, If We Camp 32 Degree South East Of Our Headquarters At 136km From The Blue Building, We Can Hold This Area Down."

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
Thanks Ron.

The Meth kit will go on as soon as I get my missfire taken care of. My first plan of attack there will be the CPS followed by the TPS. I'm tired of getting on the dyno and having problems! :)
Kenny,
Your build looks great. I noticed I too am having break-up during load on my dyno runs today. We checked the CPS and it is rusted, but in spec in air gap and pick-up coils. I'm going to pull the CPS and remove the rust on the rotor and pick-up coils surfaces Saturday. What abrasive would you recommend? Thanks. Van

Last edited:

thedave925

Since 9/16/05
Nov 9, 2005
East Bay, Cali
Kenny,
Your build looks great.
Van noticed he too is having break-up during load on dyno runs. He looked at the CPS and though its rusted, the air gap and pick-up coils are in spec.
He plans on pulling the CPS today to remove the rust, but cannot proceed without your recommendation on what abrasive to use. Van says Thanks.

Van,
Personally I don't think surface rust would affect the ability for a signal to be generated and read at the CPS, just an aesthetically unsound sight.
A rag saturated with WD-40 would be safe to wipe the rust and not be detrimental to the plastic or wires.
About the triple quote post and my sense of humor, that's all it is, nothing serious but a personal smile ;)

Maybe a cooler spark plug is needed. And I'm sure we've been over the ground strap for the coil packs. Have the wires to both the coil packs and the CPS degraded enough to affect overall voltage?
IJ.'s solution was a bit of advance where spark-blowout occured... the maft-pro can do that in you case Kenny ;)

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Van: When I was looking through your build thread, I don't remember what coil packs you're running. My break-up issues have been solved by switching to the MK4 VVTI Coils. I'm also running the NGK BCPR7ES plugs gapped at .028. As far as ignition goes, this combo seems to be working.

I'd like to see your dyno sheet. Is it posted up somewhere? You can post it in here if you like.

As far as getting the rust off, I would use something pretty fine. Something like ~1500 grit sandpaper or maybe even 2000 grit. It should only be surface rust so you shouldn't need anything too aggressive.

Well, I'm sorry you had issues on the dyno. It's pretty frustrating.

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

Doh...you beat me to some of that Dave. :)

When I pull timing with the Maft, the car surges. I'm not sure if that is exaggerating an already existing problem or if it's maft related. Have you played with that at all?

thedave925

Since 9/16/05
Nov 9, 2005
East Bay, Cali
Haha NOPE I haven't played with the supra since April 09, tore it down august, stripped for paint through may '10, and now at the end of my rebuild its set up for OEM smog ablity.
Drove it only 4 times last year doh!

Today I'm putting the gauge panel in, bleeding clutch and brakes, add fluid and run- in the new engine!!

The implication of timing mods with the Maft Pro is that IJ. advanced his timing at torque peak, to prevent ignition blowout.

So where in the power band are you pulling timing to have surges?

Anyways I've gotta get crackin, I want my car running!! :D

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
thedave925;1634314 said:
Kenny,
Your build looks great.
Van noticed he too is having break-up during load on dyno runs. He looked at the CPS and though its rusted, the air gap and pick-up coils are in spec.
He plans on pulling the CPS today to remove the rust, but cannot proceed without your recommendation on what abrasive to use. Van says Thanks.

Van,
Personally I don't think surface rust would affect the ability for a signal to be generated and read at the CPS, just an aesthetically unsound sight.
A rag saturated with WD-40 would be safe to wipe the rust and not be detrimental to the plastic or wires.
About the triple quote post and my sense of humor, that's all it is, nothing serious but a personal smile ;)

Maybe a cooler spark plug is needed. And I'm sure we've been over the ground strap for the coil packs. Have the wires to both the coil packs and the CPS degraded enough to affect overall voltage?
IJ.'s solution was a bit of advance where spark-blowout occured... the maft-pro can do that in you case Kenny ;)

Thanks for this info... I don't want to hijack this thread so I've posted my experience at yesterdays Dyno test in my build thread, linked through my signature. The team at the shop did a lot of what you suggested Dave. Thanks again . Van

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

CajunKenny;1634315 said:
Van: When I was looking through your build thread, I don't remember what coil packs you're running. My break-up issues have been solved by switching to the MK4 VVTI Coils. I'm also running the NGK BCPR7ES plugs gapped at .028. As far as ignition goes, this combo seems to be working.
Kenny,
I've new 7MGTE ignition coils and coil wire harness. For more specifics on my build, please see my last entry on my build page, linked through my signature. Thanks. Van