CajunKenny's Build Thread

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Van, did you do the stock igniter ground? I ran a ten gauge wire for the coil pack ground and made sure the bolting surface was clean as well. It is a thick wire for the ground, but it works.

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
IBoughtASupra;1634519 said:
Van, did you do the stock igniter ground? I ran a ten gauge wire for the coil pack ground and made sure the bolting surface was clean as well. It is a thick wire for the ground, but it works.

No, I haven't done the Igniter ground wire mod. I wouldn't know where to start to do that mod.
I do have a new 12AGW ground wire from the coil pack assembly to the stock ground connection. Please see more specifics of the problem on my build thread, linked through my signature. Thanks. Van

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
The sun came out and it turned out to be a BEAUTIFUL day! So, I took the soup out for a ride.

This is a vid of the highlights:
-A little bit of tire squeeling through our local double round-a-bout
-Giving some rice rockets a ~120 flyby

[video=youtube;Mdkl33nsoP0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mdkl33nsoP0[/video]

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
djordan97;1634812 said:
lookin good kenny

Thanks David.

closetnerd;1634839 said:
Looks fun. Wish we could hear more motor. :)

True. The GoPro has stunning video quality; but, quite lacking in the audio department. I'll record from inside the car and see how it does then.

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Canada
CajunKenny;1634880 said:
True. The GoPro has stunning video quality; but, quite lacking in the audio department. I'll record from inside the car and see how it does then.

Couldn't agree with you more Ken. Apparently GoPro is supposed to be working on the audio quality. Nice Sunday stroll! ;)

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Hopefully, it'll be a firmware upgrade because I would hate to have to buy a new one just to get better audio.

I have a little mic that I can string inside the car. Maybe I'll try that tomorrow. :)

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Canada
Agreed. I'd have to get a new one though as mine is standard def. Interested to hear how much of a difference the mic makes.

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
That's a nice video angle, Kenny! How did you mount that? Do you have a pic?

-crisp

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
The good ol suction cup! :)

p1636541_1.jpg

p1636541_2.jpg

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
IBoughtASupra;1636543 said:
Kenny, why are you fidiling with your camera and a suction cup and your wife is in bed alone at this hour of the night? :stickpoke

There's VERY LITTLE in the bedroom to ATTACH the suction cup to and still get a good angle? (UNLESS you have LOTS of well placed mirrors!!!:biglaugh:)

Seriously, that's a neat little mount! (The camera... NOT the wife!;))

-crisp

whitemike

Banned
Aug 30, 2009
Winter Park, Florida, United States
You ever have such a bad dream you wake up almost in tears?

Last night I had a dream someone took my car out without my permission (obviously) and i hadn't yet put the hose from wastegate to turbo.. poof. :( bhg, rod knock, smoke bellowing out the exhaust..

Made me grateful that my car is safe in the garage, thought I'd share so that everyone can take today to appreciate their engines!! :)

Car is coming along great, Kenny, you KNOW we're gonna meet up someday to introduce the 91 twins!

Mike