CajunKenny's Build Thread

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
Looking great Kenny! Take a look at the Forge Line wheels. I think they are really nice. I'm looking at either the DE3P--18x9 & 18x10.5 or the ZX3 with the same widths.
I actually might have mine on the road sometime in July!!!

-Fred

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Thanks Fred! Great suggestions on the wheels! Man...so many choices...so little money... ;)

July is close and I'm sure you're chomping at the bit! I wanna see those dyno numbers!

Oh, by the way...shoot me a PM on those interior items. :)

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
At lunch on Friday, I had the honor to meet with the legend of racing! Yep, Mr. Mario Andretti! I got three posters autographed and got my picture taken with him. He seems like a pretty cool guy...

p1585507_1.jpg

thedave925

Since 9/16/05
Nov 9, 2005
East Bay, Cali
What'd you do, waltz into his house and bet him lunch+autographs over who's faster behind the wheel? Whatzz your secretzz??? :D

Maybe you discussed wheel selection over lunch for the 'professional' choice :naughty:

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
SupraRon;1585557 said:
That's cool Kenny. You did challenge him to a race right? :icon_bigg

Oh....you know I called him out! :biglaugh:

thedave925;1585690 said:
What'd you do, waltz into his house and bet him lunch+autographs over who's faster behind the wheel? Whatzz your secretzz??? :D

Maybe you discussed wheel selection over lunch for the 'professional' choice :naughty:

As soon as he saw the Supra heading up his driveway, he met me at the door. He handed me three autographed posters, and told me that if my car had a set of XXR 502's on it, he'd autograph that too! ;)

supra girl

supra girl
May 13, 2010
tricity washington
Cool, Did Mario give you any driving tips? Ready to come out to autocross and race against me? I put my car in Cool Desert Nights and won Best 80's Car and then the next day went out to Sand and Sage autocross and did some course racing against the clock. I had a blast!!!! Just wish some other Supras could come out and play.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
No, no tips from Mario. Cool guy though...

Good job on the win! :) My car was/is not NEAR ready for a show. Plus, yours makes mine look like burnt match sticks. ;)

As soon as Mike welds up my end link tab, I'll autocross it.

supra girl

supra girl
May 13, 2010
tricity washington
Entering THE INDEPENDENCE DAY CAR SHOW this weekend at the TRAC in Pasco. Friday from 5pm to 11pm and Saturday from 6am to 2pm.
WOULD LIKE TO SEE IF WE CAN ORGANIZE A SUPRA MEET OVER HERE ONE WEEKEND. If we plan it during a weekend that autocross is happening, they will make a car class for just SUPRAs. What do you think?

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Hmmm....I can't speak for everyone else; but, my weekend is booked solid because of the Holiday. :(

I'll try to make it out to see you and Rob though. Which reminds me! I need to get your pictures to you...

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Ok. I got my COP's to run. Woo Hoo!!!

I'm going to go out and put the pedal down to see how she holds up. If all goes well.....17 psi here I come! :)

I'll try to get an idle vid up this weekend.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Thanks guys.

I went and bought a spark/coil tester. I tested all of the COP's and associate plug wires. All of them fired. Really confused at that point, I stuck the stock coil pack on and did the same test and all fired.

I did notice a difference however. With the COP's, the coil for 3&4 would fire at the 'Key-On' position; but, with the stock coils 2&5 would fire at the 'Key-On' position. So, on the COP harness, I swapped the 2&5 and 3&4 plugs around and boom...she fired up!

I think I verified the wiring of the COP harness at least 62 times. It is correct. So, my only conclusion is that this harness/COP combo came off a different year car. If I were to guess, I'd say it came off an 89 since they are kind of a year of their own.

So, I took it out and turned her up to 16psi. She pulled REALLY hard; but, broke up a tiny bit. My plugs are still gapped at 23 thou; but, now that the COP's are working, I'm going to open them back up to 28 thou. That will hopefully help my stumble at idle a bit...

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Here's a short vid of a test drive with the COP's firing baby! :evil2:

Notice the neck snapping acceleration of this 12 psi 2nd gear pull. ;)

[video=youtube;MXBoTNLKT5M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXBoTNLKT5M[/video]

Last edited: