C.44's Build

C.44

Apr 7, 2005
Behind the keyboard...
Hah, almost finished... that's what i thought 3 years ago :X At first i had high hopes to finish it before the summer, but i somehow i don't see that happening anymore haha.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
My rear wing tips tuck in very close to the window, and it really shows off the bulging fenders, like a Porsche.

The amount of work is overwhelming, but you'll get there. Just last night I went for some late-night speeding and chicken McNuggets. Coming back to my parked car under the street lights, still high on adrenaline from the 22psi drive, suddenly it was "all worth it". ;)

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
IJ.;1345908 said:
Told ya people would be interested ;)
I was telling him this too. It's not like there's a "whole bunch" of boring widebody builds that go on around here :)

Sebastian, kudos for attempting the work yourself. I played with bondo and bodywork on my '73 Corolla when I was 16 years old. Terrible results. "Never again" I said ;)

C.44

Apr 7, 2005
Behind the keyboard...
Thanks Adam, and indeed Brad told me that too. However, i was a bit sceptical about how others would see the project. Which is actually why i decided not to start one. But now it's out there, i am going to try and update it as much as i can, weekly, if not daily.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Even if you think no one is looking they are ;)

I used to get a little dismayed that hardly anyone jumped in to my threads but it just seems to be the way here, you get a few that actively follow along/particpate and many that just lurk daily to see what's been done.

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
C.44;1343275 said:
garage3.jpg

i feel better knowing im not the only one with a garage in that ^ kinda state hahah

C.44

Apr 7, 2005
Behind the keyboard...
Haha yeah i noticed that there are much more ppl actually in this thread than i ever imagined. Btw, that garage will be cleaned and painted the second i get my car out to the paintshop. Can even walk around the car normally without tripping over anything...

C.44

Apr 7, 2005
Behind the keyboard...
Haha, it seems we are all running out of space then. I have lot's of parts (some even from my past 2 donorcars) sitting on shelves around the car. I even have lot's of stuff still at my dads work and at his home. If i'd store it all in my own garage... i wouldn't be able to get the supra back in there. Plus the ever growing toolcollection (welders, compressors, and other big tools) isn't really helping either lol.

C.44

Apr 7, 2005
Behind the keyboard...
Same here, we've been wanting to move for a long time. I'm actually prefering a large backyard and NO garage. That way i can build one myself... one that i can actually fit a lift inside and with enough space for all my (future) tools.

C.44

Apr 7, 2005
Behind the keyboard...
Update:

actually found some time and motivation to drag my ass outside into the burning sun...

I took the pass. side skirt off, cut the excess FG off and start sanding and filling. If there's one thing i HATE by now, it's sanding. But since there aren't any shops around that i actually trust with the car and my wallet, i'm stuck doing it all by myself :(

PICS:

This is the part of the skirt that has been driving me nuts today, i couldn't get the rubber sqeegee (sp ?) to cooperate and after three times i had enough and just used my fingers instead. Best result sofar :) Thank god for latex gloves lol. Obviously still a bit of sanding left here ;)
regulusmod5.jpg

Complete shot of the regulus skirt, needs some sanding on the rear, some adjusting on the front and some more sanding as a whole.... *sigh*
regulusmod6.jpg

Still needs some reinforcing on the inside, although i doubt it's ever going to break. But for my own piece of mind i'll put two layers of FG over this when i'm finally done sanding...
regulusmod7.jpg